The FOOTball thread

What the hell Messi, you need to calm down there, buddy :p.

But that was a serious hat trick he had there o_O

The Messiah is in his way of becoming the greatest football player EVER. Every match Barcelona is giving us the best football ever played in the world and we hope to win the league and the Champions! :D

For MLS fans (and Non-North Americans interested in the North American take on the game), the MLS season kicks off tonight with expansion side Philadelphia Union traveling to Seattle Sounders FC. The Sounders, who are only in their second year of existence at America's Top Flight of football, were last year's best draw in the MLS, averaging a sold out stadium every game; which in North America is pretty spectacular. 9:30 EST on ESPN2 in the US (on the internet for everyone else).

I bet Devil is thrilled about the opening night result for the Red Bulls. Stadium is a masterpiece of North American football, that is for sure. If that team gets on a sick run, and goes deep in the playoffs, that atmosphere is going to be fucking off the charts. Best MLS stadium in the league, and will be for some time; and that is only after one game.

Still bummed about the Fire losing though. I saw Section 8 had some flares going in YOUR stadium, which made me laugh.

I bet Devil is thrilled about the opening night result for the Red Bulls. Stadium is a masterpiece of North American football, that is for sure. If that team gets on a sick run, and goes deep in the playoffs, that atmosphere is going to be fucking off the charts. Best MLS stadium in the league, and will be for some time; and that is only after one game.

Still bummed about the Fire losing though. I saw Section 8 had some flares going in YOUR stadium, which made me laugh.

Yes, I'm ecstatic! Hehe I have no voice after signing my brains off in 101. The South Ward will improve, and you can bet it will get louder by a lot ;)

3 points is a great start! DC lost 4-0 is beautiful, and Failadelphia laying an egg was also epic!!!! Great weekend!!!

Also those flares are not allowed which is why we only used smoke. They were put off almost instantly.

I am going to try to follow the MLS regularly this season. I will show the support, and go to a few TFC games too :)

We own you. I'm sorry I just loved last year when we knocked you out of the playoffs on the last day 5-0. Oh yeah did I forget to mention we were the worst team in the league :lol:!!! Ahh TFC and their failures :D

Now now, be nice, or the away fans will completely wreck your precious new stadium :lol:

You know we're capable, it doesn't matter if you aren't Columbus!

Liverpool Benfica...

Aquilani gets himself hurt AGAIN... mind boggling, his fitness is.

We won't have Skrtel back. I have a feeling, we'll see a Mascherano-Lucas midfield again, since Benitez likes to do that in 2 leg ties. It will be interesting. They thrashed Everton. We thrashed (sort of) Everton. That's the only benchmark we have at the moment.

I pray that we don't play negative football :\

Well that was bullshit. The score should have been 2-2, and I would have been happy with that. Babel sending off was the right decision, boneheaded and unnecessary. Torres' goal shouldn't have been disallowed, though. Both penalty decisions, sadly, were correct.

The fans did everything they could to disrupt the game as much as they could.

Valencia Athletico return leg is going to be fireworks! The Anfield return leg is going to be good, too. I'm going to have to arrange watching both of them games together, somehow.

Europa League Results

Thursday, 1 April 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benfica 2-1 Liverpool
Fulham 2-1 Wolfsburg
Hamburg 2-1 Standard Liege
Valencia 2-2 Atletico Madrid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Madrid look in good shape, but the other games could all go either way.
:)

^ :happy: is happy Liverpool fan now.

I am not a Lucas hater, he a good player and scored a good goal tonight. Maybe it is Rafa playing him as defensive midfield that people don?t like. * shrugs *.

Europa League Results
Quarter Final 2nd leg

Thursday, 8 April 2010

Atletico Madrid 0-0 Valencia (Madrid thru on away goals)
Liverpool 4-1 Benfica
Standard Liege 1-3 Hamburg
Wolfsburg 0-1 Fulham
The two EPL teams don?t meet in the semi finals. I am quite liking this new competition, maybe next year it will have its own thread. :lol:

Why didn't I put money on my prediction of Liverpool winning the Europa? I would have got good odds on that at the start of the season.