The FOOTball thread

Hey, El Salvador is a major Football super power... :shifty:

I just don't understand why we suck so much at football/soccer/whatever. I mean every once in a while we produce a decent player like Dempsey, Howard, or Donovan. I just want to know when do we get our Messi, Beckenbauer, Henry, or Baggio.

You did have Freddy Adu, until it turned out he wasn't really that good.

EDIT: Well, he was good. When he was 12 years old.

Last edited:
You did have Freddy Adu, until it turned out he wasn't really that good.

EDIT: Well, he was good. When he was 12 years old.

Too bad he signed with D.C. United at 14, I really wish he would have gone to one of the European youth teams.

English FA Cup
Tuesday 27th March 2012

Tottenham 3-1 Bolton
Sunderland 0-2 Everton

Spurs face Chelsea in one semi final and Everton goes up against Liverpool in the other.

Two local derbys for the semi finals, adds a bit of spice and local bragging rights.

:)

Sad I did not watch the Dortmund-Stuttgart match tonight. Seven goals in the second half - that should do it!

I would have preferred a yellow victory, though, as Bayern are getting a bit too close for my taste.

I agree on all accounts. I fell asleep on the couch and therefore canned my plan to watch the game at the nearest pub. And two minutes before the end a friend ICQs me with "I presume you listen to the game...?" - Well no.... damn. I assume Bayern will close the gap to only three points this weekend...

Apparently almost 450.000 people have tried to order a ticket for wednesdays Dortmund-Bayern clash. That's mindblowing!

Oh, and...YNWA.

Apparently almost 450.000 people have tried to order a ticket for wednesdays Dortmund-Bayern clash. That's mindblowing!
Actually, that's this town for you. :D Usually I don't bother going to the pub to at least watch a game on TV, but this time, I will.

Excuse the double post, please....

YIIIIEEEPIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!! :clap: :woot:

The match wasn't that awesome, but it also really did not lack suspense. The last 15 minutes especially...

This is F?pbol Club Qatar:

Lots of kids starting to do that while playing football in 3,2,1...

Erh, thats a yellow card offence iirc

Erh, thats a yellow card offence iirc

Why would it be? And not like it's anything new, Pique's done it plenty of times.

Jimi Hendrix said:
This is F?pbol Club Qatar:

Funny you should mention the Arabs...

One billion dollar Real Madrid amusement park to be built in UAE

0322madrid.jpg

Real Madrid's new logo with the cross removed not to piss off muslims:

Real-Madrid-drop-cross-from-logo.jpg

In another news, less than a month since the Muamba incident (and another one in Spanish Segunda B and one in Africa) Serie B team Livorno's player Piermario Morosini died on the pitch following a heart attack yesterday. Once again there happened to be a heart doctor (whatever the official term is) in the crowd but nothing was to be done. All professional games in Italy have been cancelled for the weekend.

I'm trying to remember here, but I think it was a new rule that you can't distract the goalie like that. Think it was Anderson that got booked for doing that early in the PL season.

Hah, are you just searching the internet for videos to make Barcelona players look bad?

How about we discuss some football in here instead?