Cyprus 0-3 Finland
Saudi Arabia 0-0 Argentina
Czech Rep. 3-0 Slovakia
Bulgaria 0-1 Ukraine

Armenia 4-2 Lithuania
Russia 2-2 USA
China PR 1-1 New Zealand
South Korea 1-2 Australia

Ibrahimovic scored four goals for Sweeden, which was pretty good.

You WILL see a replay of his last goal everywhere, it was un-fucking-believeable. The goal of the season easily.

:smile:

532180_447032112022376_705988727_n.jpg

It was quite a game :thumbsup:

For people who have been living under a rock today:

Last edited:
That is quite something. If only Ibrahimovic was a little more consistent with his performances... sometimes he's a Football GOD, other times... eh

on unrelated news, Portugal seems hell bent on looking like fools. For a team which is currently ranked 4th in the FIFA rankings, to draw with god damn Gabon... Their goalkeeper was having a great night though.

Many of the European based players are in the middle of the UCL group games, plus their national league competitions and Cups. Then they are asked to play a international friendly against a side who there is no "football history".

So, maybe a little understandable that the motivation is not so good, perhaps? :think:

(e.g. Portual vs. Spain or England vs. Scotland, lots of motivation even for a "friendly" game.)

And talking of GKs, Joe Hart had a bit of a stinker against Sweden, he is always so reliable for Man City. The free kick for the third goal was soft and then the events which led up to THAT goal as well.

It doesn't matter, it's also about having the people believe in you and giving them something to cheer about. Portugal comes from a defeat with Russia and a tie with North Ireland and is fast heading towards having to do the whole play-off hassle for the 2014 world cup, instead of qualifying at the top of the, honestly, very easy group.

Joe Hart seems to be a bit out of form recently. Letting some goals in that he certainly didn't last season (where he, in my opinion, was among the top three GK's in the world).

Saturday 5th January 2013
The English FA Cup - Third Round

Aston Villa V Ipswich
Bolton V Sunderland
Brighton V Newcastle
Cheltenham/Hereford V Everton

Crawley V Reading
Crystal Palace V Stoke
Fulham V Blackpool
Lincoln/Mansfield V Liverpool

Man City V Watford
Peterborough V Norwich
QPR V West Brom
Southampton V Chelsea

Swansea V Arsenal
Tottenham V Coventry
West Ham V Man Utd
Wigan V Bournemouth

The above shows the draw for the third round of the FA Cup, where the EPL teams join the competition. Not all fixtures are shown, only those involved with EPL teams, but non-league Harrogate or Hastings (i.e. semi-pro or amateur players) will play recent EPL team Middlesbrough.

All the non-league clubs and lower league ones want to be drawn against Manchester United. So Harrogate or Hastings will have to complete their R2 replay, then beat Middlesborough and hope for Man U in round four.

I could happen and often does some years, it's the FA Cup where magic happens! :lol:

Last edited:
Unlucky Swansea there (and West Ham). Not sure if they can manage another win against Arsenal. But on the other hand, they play at home, and Wenger will probably send a reserve team, so everything's possible.

Unlucky Swansea there (and West Ham). Not sure if they can manage another win against Arsenal. But on the other hand, they play at home, and Wenger will probably send a reserve team, so everything's possible.

Well, the Swans did beat Arsenal at the w/e and Wenger usually puts out the B team for the other one the League Cup.

West Ham vs. ManU, all I will say that strange things happen in the FA Cup.

Europa League
6th December, 2012

Udinese 0-1 Liverpool Gp A
Bordeaux 2-0 Newcastle Gp D
Tottenham 3-1 Panathinaikos Gp J

Liverpool, Newcastle and Spurs all qualify for the knockout phase next year.

Any thoughts on (aust)euro 2020?
Rubbish idea. I experienced FIFA World Cup 2006 in Germany (without attending a match, though), and the atmosphere with the visitors from all over the world being here for four weeks was just incredible. That is what makes a tournament a tournament.
Plus, I am sure the players won't appreciate having to fly all across the continent several times in three weeks, neither.

I think it's a nice idea to try. Makes it possible for more people to experience a match. I get that the atmosphere will probably suffer slightly in general, bu around match days I'm sure there'll be plenty of good atmosphere.
Regarding traveling, if it's planned right it likely won't be that much of an issue. I believe I read somewhere that they won't have to travel much longer than they did in Poland/ Ukraine for instance. Traveling within Europe you're not likely to experience flights much longer than 3 hours, and if they can't handle that on business class...

So Messi got 86 goals in a season and there's still chances for scoring more. He needs to win a world cup I think to label him officially the greatest footballer of all time, but he is, to me, without the shadow of a doubt, the best of today's football.

If that's not an individual achievement worthy of the Ballon d'Or, I don't know what is.

Europa League - Full round of 32 draw:

BATE vs Fenerbahce
Inter Milan vs CFR Cluj-Napoca
Levante vs Olympiacos
Zenit St Petersburg vs Liverpool
Dynamo Kiev vs Bordeaux
Bayer Leverkusen vs Benfica
Newcastle vs FC Metalist Kharkiv
VfB Stuttgart vs Genk
Atletico Madrid vs Rubin Kazan
Ajax vs Steaua Bucuresti
Basle vs Dnipro
Anzhi Makhachkala vs Hannover 96
Sparta Prague vs Chelsea
Borussia M'gladbach vs Lazio
Tottenham vs Lyon
Napoli vs Plzen

(Teams drawn first at home in the first leg)

First legs to be played 14th February, 2013
Second legs to be played 21st February, 2013

Saturday 5th January 2013
The English FA Cup - Third Round

Aldershot 3-1 Rotherham
Aston Villa 2-1 Ipswich
Barnsley 1-0 Burnley
Blackburn 2-0 Bristol City

Brighton 2-0 Newcastle
Bolton 2-2 Sunderland
Charlton 0-1 Huddersfield
Crawley 1-3 Reading

Crystal Palace 0-0 Stoke
Derby 5-0 Tranmere
Fulham 1-1 Blackpool
Hull 1-1 Leyton Orient

Leeds United 1-1 Birmingham
Leicester 2-0 Burton Albion
Luton 1-0 Wolves
Macclesfield 2-1 Cardiff

Man City 3-0 Watford
Middlesbrough 4-1 Hastings Utd
Millwall 1-0 Preston
Nottm Forest 2-3 Oldham

Oxford Utd 0-3 Sheff Utd
Peterborough 0-3 Norwich
QPR 1-1 West Brom
Sheff Wed 0-0 MK Dons

Southampton 1-5 Chelsea
Southend 2-2 Brentford
Tottenham 3-0 Coventry
West Ham 2-2 Man Utd

Wigan 1-1 Bournemouth

Round three is where the EPL teams join the competition.

Hastings Utd was the lowest ranked team and the last amateur/semi-pro team left, they lost to former EPL team Middlesboro. They were probably hoping for an away match at Man U, as most lower ranked teams do. Hastings normally play two divisions below the lowest ranked pro-division.

Apart from Man U nearly going out, but for a last minute equaliser, the biggest shock of the day was Newcastle going out. However, Brighton played better and are tipped to get promotion to the EPL next year.

Swansea & Arsenal play tomorrow.

EDIT:

.. and Liverpool have a tricky tie at Mansfield.
Also, well done to non-league Luton and Macclesfield for wins against higher league teams. (Luton were once in the top tier of football in England.)

EDIT 2 (Mon):

Sunday 6th January 2013

Mansfield 1-2 Liverpool
Swansea 2-2 Arsenal

Monday 7th January 2013

Cheltenham 1-5 Everton

Last edited: