The FOOTball thread

A friend called me about 5min into the match, I told him I had to go to class, he replied "A real American would skip class and go to a bar to watch this match". I got a text from another friend half way through class "America WINS!". Fuck.

Lucky me i had my last final today in the morning..

The south african spectators boos everytime Booth gets the ball. What is their major dysfunction, he's in THEIR TEAM! Wtf?

The south african spectators boos everytime Booth gets the ball. What is their major dysfunction, he's in THEIR TEAM! Wtf?

They are saying "Boooooooooooooooooooooth"

Poor Booth, I'd change name to Yay if I were him.

Yeah, according to wiki they shout Booth, and some people (including me) have mistaken it at first for booing.

Well, that was one hell of a boring match...

Congrats to Brazil !

WE WON!!!!!!!!! we beat Spain!!!!!!!!! I think Josie Altadore will one day be the greatest American footballer.

Is this the post where you said that America turn to shit when they get on the pitch :) Seems to be edited unless it was someone else who has jumped on the bandwagon lol :)

And suddenly Americans know what football is and are pretending to like it while they are doing well :p

Last edited:
Yeah, according to wiki they shout Booth, and some people (including me) have mistaken it at first for booing.

Yeah, reminds me of Bruce Springsteen concerts... the people yell "BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUce"

As for USA... fucken awesome.

I hope there's a USA - Germany game again like there was 8 years ago in the quarter finals, so I can be the only one of my friends rooting for America (and, unusually, I might actually have a chance to be right).

Ohhhhh yeah, today is the day! Let's go "Miracle on Grass", no commies to beat this time but it would be fun to beat the Brazilians. I cannot wait until 1pm CST! :mouse:

fill me in? what's going on? how far is the game?

awesome... is there some kind of live ticker online?