The FOOTball thread

Fifa Confederations Cup results
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, 21 June 2009 ? Group B ? Third Match

Egypt 0-3 USA
Italy 0-3 Brazil

Brazil & USA both qualify from Group B,
(Italy, Egypt and USA all finished with three points, but the USA go thru on the ?Goals Scored ? rule).

Saturday, 20 June 2009 Group A ? Third Match

Iraq 0-0 New Zealand
Spain 2-0 South Africa

Spain & South Africa both qualify from Group A

BBC Sport - Results

BBC Sport ? Final Group Tables

WE WON!!!!!!!!! we beat Spain!!!!!!!!! I think Josie Altadore will one day be the greatest American footballer.

Last edited:
Holy cow Ramos

:blink:

What :eek:. I hope USA wont win the Confederations cup though, don't want a nation which football isn't the biggest sport to win :p

YES!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

USA USA USA!!!!!!! Who says we suck :D

Jozy Altidore= Epic for a 19 year old!!

We have entered the World Stage.

Last edited:
What :eek:. I hope USA wont win the Confederations cup though, don't want a nation which football isn't the biggest sport to win :p

It matters to a lot of us. Fuck the ignorant dumbasses who don't enjoy it here.

GO MY COUNTRY WOOOO!!!!!!

We're doing like...good and stuff!!! :p

Honestly can't believe this result. Never in a million years did I think we'd even make it into the semis after our first two games... Oh man this feels good!

I'm still in utter shock and for people who think Americans don't like football I would have to say my favorite sports would be 1. Baseball 2. Football 3. College American football.

Football is my sport I grew up playing it, and if not for injuring myself I would still be playing at a good level..

Fifa Confederations Cup results

Wednesday, 24 June 2009 ? Semi Final 1

Spain 0-2 USA

Having narrowly edged out the current World Cup Champions Italy in the Group phase, the USA has now beaten the FIFA ranked #1 team Spain.

A well deserved result in the end. The USA team were well organized, hard working, had a little of both good & bad luck to run out fairly comfortable winners, I think.
This coupled with a greater desire to win and a belief that they, the USA, are capable of beating anyone proved too much for Spain, who despite fantastically talented players, rather failed to do the basics as well as their opponents and looked a bit frustrated and confused in the end.

Two well taken goals, plus a couple of wrongly given offside against the USA, and it could easily have ended as 4-0 in the last few minutes.
The only other bummer was the vary hard working kid (Bradley?) who got red carded at the end, which looked a bit harsh to me. I guess he misses the final. :(

This should not really surprise many of us in Europe, since the USA is ranked high in the world standings and that is not by accident.

Well done USA :thumbsup: , should be a great final against either Brazil or the hosts South Africa.

(Semi Final 2 on Thursday)

^ yeah that red on Bradley seemed like a last ditch effort by the official to get Spain in the game.:mad:

^ yeah that red on Bradley seemed like a last ditch effort by the official to get Spain in the game.:mad:

It was a yellow in my book he came in at the same time that the player had the ball..Seems that you can't play hard which is a shame...

Max a yellow, if that - feel a bit sorry for the kid, he's had a good tournament. :(

Very talented player I remember when he was 17 and he played for NY,and was instantly transferred to Holland..

A friend called me about 5min into the match, I told him I had to go to class, he replied "A real American would skip class and go to a bar to watch this match". I got a text from another friend half way through class "America WINS!". Fuck.