The FOOTball thread

Ronaldo sprained his shoulder, yet he still scored the second goal. I almost like Ronaldo of today, he has really matured during his time in Madrid. ;)

Madrid scored some good goals as well, the back four is really my only worry with Barcelona.. When Pique and Puyol are injured, they're basically playing defensive midfielders as centerbacks. Why they haven't brought in a decent backup for that position is beyond me, why would you buy Song and play him as centerback? Luckily they didn't against Madrid :)

Let's hop the next el Clasicos will be as good as this one.

Friday 12th October 2012
FIFA World Cup 2014 Qualifying - European Region

Group A

Wales 2-1 Scotland
Macedonia 1-2 Croatia
Serbia 0-3 Belgium

Group B

Bulgaria 1-1 Denmark
Armenia 1-3 Italy
Czech Rep. 3-1 Malta

Group C

R. of Ireland 1-6 Germany
Faroe Islands 1-2 Sweden
Kazakhstan 0-0 Austria

Group D

Estonia 0-1 Hungary
Netherlands 3-0 Andorra
Turkey 0-1 Romania

Group E

Slovenia 2-1 Cyprus
Switzerland 1-1 Norway

Albania 1-2 Iceland

Group F

Luxembourg 0-6 Israel
Russia 1-0 Portugal

Group G

Greece 0-0 Bosnia-H
Slovakia 2-1 Latvia
Liechtenstein 0-2 Lithuania

Group H

England 5-0 San Marino
Moldova 0-0 Ukraine

Group I

Belarus 0-4 Spain
Finland 1-1 Georgia

Well we did have a separate Qualifing Thread for the 2012 Euro's and 2010 World Cup before, Alasandro A and Avanti started those. (Because of the traffic and importance of the events.)

:think:

I'll get to it, I haven't been visiting the forum as often as I once did, but I think I can manage.

:whistle: :tease:

How's that not a penalty? :shakefist:

Also, as well as

Well, you won 6-1 away, so you should be happy. :p
(How was the game, good?)

The Netherlands and England both had tiny countries to play, no matter what the score they will always be criticised. :rolleyes:
(They both won, so well done.)

No real surprises, Belgium got a nice away win. What's up with Serbia?

:smile:

This was the second game in a row where we dominate the game, and leave with only one point..

I almost forgot -

Also,
foot11.gif

:hmm: why don't I have a Swedish vuvuzela?

Last edited:
Radio is just now playing a song that goes "It's so wonderful, oh so wonderful, it's so hard to believe". Kind of that :D

We were joking about the onscreen betting odds at the beginning, "yeah put money on X that's likely if you're craaaaaazy". Something like 30x the monies. Should have taken the bet.

Last edited:
Tuesday 16th October 2012
FIFA World Cup 2014 Qualifying - European Region

Group A
Belgium 2-0 Scotland
Macedonia 1-0 Serbia
Croatia 2-0 Wales

Group B
Italy 3-1 Denmark
Czech Rep. 0-0 Bulgaria

Group C
Germany 4-4 Sweden
Austria 4-0 Kazakhstan
Faroe Islands 1-4 R. of Ireland

Group D
Hungary 3-1 Turkey
Romania 1-4 Netherlands
Andorra 0-1 Estonia

Group E
Albania 1-0 Slovenia
Iceland 0-2 Switzerland
Cyprus 1-3 Norway

Group F
Portugal 0-1 Northern Ireland (Latest Score)
Israel 3-0 Luxembourg
Russia 1-0 Azerbaijan

Group G
Slovakia 0-1 Greece
Bosnia-H 3-0 Lithuania
Latvia 2-0 Liechtenstein

Group H
Poland P-P England
Postponed - due to waterlogged pitch :lol:
San Marino 0-2 Moldova
Ukraine 0-1 Montenegro

Group I
Spain 1-1 France
Belarus 2-0 Georgia

Well France have got to be happy with that result. Norway did good too with an away win, very handy.

LOL Poland & England. :lol:
The grass surface looked like a lake, water polo maybe?

I almost forgot -

Also,
foot11.gif

:hmm: why don't I have a Swedish vuvuzela?

Maybe you got drunk and left it in a Bar somewhere? :tease:

(Sweden only sent Sven-G-E and not a whole football team, to South Africa 2010. So, no Swedish vuvuzela.)

No idea, I was hoping you might explain the result. :?

Well I'm so glad we have the best player in the world along with the best central defender in the world, otherwise we wouldn't be able to hold off the might Northern Ireland

Wtf.

Well I'm so glad we have the best player in the world along with the best central defender in the world, otherwise we wouldn't be able to hold off the might Northern Ireland

Wtf.

Ah, don't worry about it, all teams have bad days sometimes. You still got a point for a draw.
(BTW, this is not the Ireland that sometimes goes to the Euros & World Cups, this is the other one. :p)

I think the small countries like Andorra, San Marino, Monaco, N-Ireland, etc., say, with less that 1million people, should have their own World Cup.

They NEVER get to go to the tournaments. It would be a hoot!

Denmark had a whole half with 11 against 10, and they couldn't take advantage.. Awesome assist by Pirlo on the third goal though. Denmark had a lot of chances, too bad only one went in. We'll just have to accept that Italy, after all, just has that extra something that gives them the win, even when the flow of the game is tight.

And holy crap Sweden, why can't we pull something like that off.

Ah, don't worry about it, all teams have bad days sometimes. You still got a point for a draw.
(BTW, this is not the Ireland that sometimes goes to the Euros & World Cups, this is the other one. :p)

I know ! And these idiots managed to somehow draw with them, playing at home. Best player in the world my ass. I swear I get so mad when I see this Ronaldo cult going on in Portugal, it's completely unjustified. 6 easy points to grab, and we only got 1.

Denmark had a whole half with 11 against 10, and they couldn't take advantage.. Awesome assist by Pirlo on the third goal though. Denmark had a lot of chances, too bad only one went in. We'll just have to accept that Italy, after all, just has that extra something that gives them the win, even when the flow of the game is tight.

Seems a waste of time going to Rio anyway.

Thursday 25th October 2012
UEFA Europa League

Liverpool 1-0 Anzhi Makhachkala
Newcastle 1-0 Club Bruges
NK Maribor 1-1 Tottenham

Not bad for Liverpool and Newcastle.
Only saw (some) of the Maribor game, looked a bit dull & messy.

Quite a comeback by Arsenal in the Capital One cup. Down 0-4 against Reading, equalised in the absolute last second. 2x15minutes extra time :)

Arsenal is a prestigious club, it shouldn't be down 4-0 vs anyone really... equalizing was the minimum they had to do if they wanted their fans not to pebble them to death.