The FOOTball thread

Wouldn't be surprised someone got bribed

So we don't have a Champions League thread this season...?

Anyway, what the fuck happened in Dortmund against Legia Warsaw today? Suffice to say, the match was highly entertaining. I wasn't as amused by watching football since the World Cup semifinal 2014. :D

So we don't have a Champions League thread this season...?

No, I didn't start one either and as no one else has. Maybe there is not enough interest this season? Or someone may of course, start one for the knockout stages next.
Anyway, what the fuck happened in Dortmund against Legia Warsaw today? Suffice to say, the match was highly entertaining. I wasn't as amused by watching football since the World Cup semifinal 2014. :D

Try and catch the highlights for this loonatic asylum of a game at Swansea today.

Swansea 5 - 4 Crystal Palace - BBC Sport

:shakeshead:

Last edited:
That Barcelona comeback...

Arguable, the second penalty was... borderline. But the rest of it, I think it was deserved. PSG wanted to defend and remain comfortably in the shadow of their 4 goals and that's a very stupid tactic against Bar?a in the Camp Nou.

Wait... can I talk MLS in here?

And on the subject of the "Super League": It would be an absolute disgrace, but to be honest, the Champions League has been a similar joke for a while now and will be even more so after the next "reform" enlarging it even more.

UEFA, bring back the three-cup-format with only national champions being qualified for the, you know, Champions League (or better yet, K.O. mode from the beginning!), then we can talk...

And on the subject of the "Super League": It would be an absolute disgrace, but to be honest, the Champions League has been a similar joke for a while now and will be even more so after the next "reform" enlarging it even more.

UEFA, bring back the three-cup-format with only national champions being qualified for the, you know, Champions League (or better yet, K.O. mode from the beginning!), then we can talk...
Not sure what you mean with the "Super League" is similar joke to Champions League.
You have to qualify to the CL. If you don't then you can't play in it. With the "Super League" you don't have to qualify and you can't get relegated. There is no risk and no real reward apart from the fuckton of money the owners of the clubs will get. It's meaningless.