The Forum Rules

What if we have a snappy comment or something witty to say in addition to IB4L? :D

/kidding

"IB4L" posts are now officially considered spam. Don't do it.
Oh come on it's not like it happens in 50 different threads everyday and it's usually only a half dozen posts before it's locked.

What's next? Giving out infractions for posts that are off topic from what the thread is about? Temporary bans for reposts? Welcome to the Finalgear No Fun Forums.

WTF.

Oh come on it's not like it happens in 50 different threads everyday and it's usually only a half dozen posts before it's locked.

What's next? Giving out infractions for posts that are off topic from what the thread is about? Temporary bans for reposts? Welcome to the Finalgear No Fun Forums.

I don't think Viper's that evil, but Quiky......

/I kid, I kid

Lighten up man, about time IB4L posts were spam. They're bloody useless and just pointless. A repost may be a genuine case of not having searched properly and off-topic is to be expected. IB4L posts are just an excuse to whore yourself out of a few posts.

/End.

It doesn't happen that often but even when it does it's annoying to me. There's no reason to say IB4L but to boost your post count... I mean is it actually fun to come in and say IB4L to a thread that's gonna get closed?

Maybe the mods should just delete threads like that, then people would have no motivation to post :dancinglock: for no reason.

Because if all the IBTL whores stayed out of certain threads, they could be merged into the thread where they belong without too much fuss, but when there's 10 IBTL posts in the way, it's an entirely different story for example. And they serve no other need than to up your postcount, and who cares about postcount?

If you guys are always bitching about postcounts then why not why not disable them all together? You say the counts aren't a big deal but then you go and make a huge fuss out of them. I'm sure that would make you all a lot happier. And the "before the lock" stuff isn't about adding one more number, it's just a little lighthearted fun. But I guess some people in high places here don't like that "f" word anymore. At least I'm not constantly bashing noobs (MoparMan comes to mind as a common target) like a couple members I can think of. Maybe I should start because that's obviously not wrong unlike a little fun here and there.

Again, WTF?

IB4L is entirely pointless and serves no purpose whatsoever. People just do it to pad their post count or post for the sake of posting.

If you guys are always bitching about postcounts then why not why not disable them all together? You say the counts aren't a big deal but then you go and make a huge fuss out of them. I'm sure that would make you all a lot happier. And the "before the lock" stuff isn't about adding one more number, it's just a little lighthearted fun. But I guess some people in high places here don't like that "f" word anymore. At least I'm not constantly bashing noobs (MoparMan comes to mind as a common target) like a couple members I can think of. Maybe I should start because that's obviously not wrong unlike a little fun here and there.

What the fuck are you talking about?

I thought I made myself pretty clear. Are you sure you read the post all the way through? I'm a bit shocked at the recent trend of flying off the handle over some innocent fun. A 5 point infraction for what? One post for a laugh. Nobody was put down. No feelings were hurt. Seems a bit overboard really. At least you're being consistent about being increasingly stiff.

An announcement of the rule change would have been appropriate as it was a fairly big change involving a relatively frequent occurrence. I'm obviously not the only one who was uninformed. Not that it would have stopped me anyway.

o?ver?re?act (?'v?r-r?-?kt') Pronunciation Key
intr.v. o?ver?re?act?ed, o?ver?re?act?ing, o?ver?re?acts
To react with unnecessary or inappropriate force, emotional display, or violence.

:thumbsup:
To react with unnecessary or inappropriate force, emotional display, or violence.

:lol:

Personally, I just did it because everyone else did it. I just thought, you know, people would think I'm cool and let me sit with them at lunch 'n stuff:(

EDIT: I've just gotten points for being a loser :thumbsup: Thanks Geritol!

Last edited:
I thought I made myself pretty clear. Are you sure you read the post all the way through? I'm a bit shocked at the recent trend of flying off the handle over some innocent fun. A 5 point infraction for what? One post for a laugh. Nobody was put down. No feelings were hurt. Seems a bit overboard really. At least you're being consistent about being increasingly stiff.

An announcement of the rule change would have been appropriate as it was a fairly big change involving a relatively frequent occurrence. I'm obviously not the only one who was uninformed. Not that it would have stopped me anyway.
+1 I don't know where the gestapo act came from all of a sudden. Shit that was OK a month ago is suddenly not kosher and people are getting infractions for it without warning? WTF?

Maybe you should take a note from your own dictionary:
holy fucktits batman

:::::

So I'm surprised about something and I get an infraction? WTF is this?
Quiky said:
Dear zenkidori,

You have received an infraction at FinalGear.com Forums.

Reason: Absolute rubbish post
-------
You need to chill out and tollerate other people's tastes here on the forums. Posts like that are uncalled for.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://beta.fpsportal.com/index.php?posts/554129/
holy fucktits batman

All the best,
FinalGear.com Forums
wait what? so I've acquired an infraction because I was incredibly surprised that a guitar this guy bought for $300 back in the day is worth $60,000? How does that have anything, AT ALL, to do with people's tastes? WTF is he even talking about?

and of course, he's chosen not so accept PMs, so I can't say anything about it to him, WTF?
and may I add:
Hypocrisy is the act of condemning or calling for the condemnation of another person when the critic is guilty of the act for which he demands that the accused be condemned.

Well said with the overreacting! I'm still wondering where all this infraction stuff came from and why it's needed. What happened to the old slap on the wrist? Now you're penalizing members? What's worse is that from what zenkidori has brought up, we can be penalized for posting something a moderator doesn't like. What's that all about?

We had a multiple page thread debating whether or not to add user reputation as well as deciding the future of the arcade section, but I don't remember any mention of this infraction crap before it was put in place. Why the sudden iron-fist?

I also got an infraction for asking if someone was dumb. not for calling someone dumb, just asking. that's pretty weak if you ask me. the infraction is for "Insulted/Harassed forum members", as if that doesn't happen in various forms, at least 100 times daily. it's all friendly banter as far as I'm concerned.

and this same winner of a mod made a comment about chinese people that could be construed as racist.

/yes, I did go back and search his posts, just because I had nothing better to do.

zenkidori is already about --> <-- far from just getting banned altogether for a long list of stuff, so I'd take what he has to say with a grain of salt.

EDIT: And yes, welcome to the Internet. It's a dictatorship, not a democracy. I try and be fair to the best of my abilities, but I don't have to sit here and explain each and every one of my actions. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. Move on if you don't like it.