The Forum Rules

long list of two infractions?

or a long list of things that nobody has said anything to me about, AT ALL? that's sweet.

or is it a long list of one thing I disagreed with you on, and didn't even care that much, just let you know I disagreed, as I was doing what you requested anyway. All I did was let you know why I disgreed with you wanting my sig image gone, and I removed it anyway, but then you threaten me with banning? because I don't agree with you? that's awesome.

go ahead and take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, it's not like I'm making anything up, I'm quoting things, not pulling it out of thin air.

Look, just move on about it. You're not banned right now and that's all that should matter. I'm not going to ban you if from here on out you are on good behavior.

I care more about your current and future actions than I do your past ones. You're the one who keeps bringing it up, giving me -1 rep for stupid reasons, etc.

Look, just move on about it. You're not banned right now and that's all that should matter. I'm not going to ban you if from here on out you are on good behavior.

I care more about your current and future actions than I do your past ones. You're the one who keeps bringing it up, giving me -1 rep for stupid reasons, etc.
look, I don't have a problem with you personally, I'm just feeling a little blind-sided by this sudden surge of crap I'm getting. I got no warning PMs or even in any posts about anything, and all of a sudden I'm getting crap for whatever. On top if it these infractions and whatever seem somewhat personal, because there is an element of hypocrisy. I told you why I didn't agree with you, but said, "whatever, it's your forum and I don't care too much, just letting you know how I feel", and then you go and call me a "douche" and threaten me with banning? Seriously, what kind of crap is that? I never called you anything derogatory, and I got an infraction for ALMOST calling someone something far less harmful.

then right after that I can post only every 300 seconds because I was surprised that some guy can get 60 g's for his crappy guitar? do you not see why I would be a bit insulted? I know this is just a forum, blah blah blah, but this is just blatant.

are you mad about an -1 rep from me? weren't you the one who said that "it's not a big deal it's just for fun don't use it, etc."? I have negative reps for stupid crap like someone not agreeing with me that Hyundai won't make a concept car into production, and even ones without comment, are you that insulted?

I'm all for moving on, but can you not see from my point of view? Am I going to continue to get crap for things that have been OK since I signed up, June 12th, 2005? I just don't understand where this is coming from.

obviously I'm not the only one a little taken aback here.

I know you said that, but nothing is being resolved here, you're not telling me where you are coming from, maybe I missed a big piece of the picture, maybe I'm not seeing things from your side, I just don't understand.

if you really don't want to talk about it, whatever, I suppose it can't be helped. If you think both of my infractions are well deserved, and you and your mods are above reproach(and your own rules) then that's fine, I tried, and that's all that matters I guess. But the actions of the past week or so have been quite out of character and I don't know who pissed in who's cheerios, but I don't really like this new serious tone. I know it's just another internet forum, there are millions, but I rather liked this one.

if that's where you want to leave this and be done, that's fine. I just wanted you to know where I'm coming from. If you don't bring this issue up again I won't either.

Moving on...

When did "infractions" begin? Is that part of the user reputation feature or something completely different? I'm so lost right now...

When did "infractions" begin? Is that part of the user reputation feature or something completely different? I'm so lost right now...
nobody knows. It's not just a part of the user rep feature, because thanks to my two infractions, I can't positive or negative rep people, and I can only post every 300 seconds.

I kinda feel like I got a referral and am siting outside the principal's office:lol:

Just for the record, I'm not being facetious. I looked over the forum rules and I saw nothing about "infractions", so I'm really confused.

EDIT: And yes, welcome to the Internet. It's a dictatorship, not a democracy. I try and be fair to the best of my abilities, but I don't have to sit here and explain each and every one of my actions. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. Move on if you don't like it.
So wait, there were polls and debates to decide if we use reputation and to decide the fate of the arcade, but there wasn't an official announcement of this new infraction system or even of the recent rule change about spam? (The first I heard of it was accompanied by what I still think is a stiff price over a little fun.) Something is not adding up here. I've been around for a while now and I've never really seen the need to penalize people for their actions. Everything seemed to be dealt with fairly before until recently. I'm confused as to why we needed the changes and why they were pretty much secretly implemented. But I suppose the only thing I can do now is bend over and take the iron fist up the poop chute. :rolleyes:

wait a second.. I have a theory about this. I'm going to PM KaJuN my theory, so he can keep it secret and verify I had it before it was verified/refuted. Sorta like the person you tell in the "guess a number between X and X" game.

Just for the record, I'm not being facetious. I looked over the forum rules and I saw nothing about "infractions", so I'm really confused.

Infactions are a built-in system to vBulletin. We've had them for over a year. The reason you had no clue about them is because you haven't been trolling since we moved to vB.

They are essentially a warning system and are used to keep track of trouble makers and such. They are handed out to thread bumpers, people who are trolling, etc. An infraction is sometimes what happens when you report a post.

They are designed so that after X infraction points, a temporary ban gets put in place, but I have that off, so essentially it's like a yellow card in soccer or something -- i.e. it's a warning and nothing more really.

Too many though and you and I get to have a little chat.

nobody knows. It's not just a part of the user rep feature, because thanks to my two infractions, I can't positive or negative rep people, and I can only post every 300 seconds.

Uh, hardly. Quit trying to stir up trouble. And you can't hand out rep because I took the ability away from you because you were abusing it.

I kinda feel like I got a referral and am siting outside the principal's office:lol:

That's because you essentially are.

So wait, there were polls and debates to decide if we use reputation and to decide the fate of the arcade,

As I said, I care what you guys think, hence the me asking for your guys input via the threads. The arcade's still there because people wanted it.

but there wasn't an official announcement of this new infraction system

A year is new? Mmmk.

or even of the recent rule change about spam? (The first I heard of it was accompanied by what I still think is a stiff price over a little fun.)

It's not my job to keep you informed about changes to the forum rules. That's your job.

I even bump the thread when any changes are made to make people aware.

Something is not adding up here. I've been around for a while now and I've never really seen the need to penalize people for their actions. Everything seemed to be dealt with fairly before until recently. I'm confused as to why we needed the changes and why they were pretty much secretly implemented. But I suppose the only thing I can do now is bend over and take the iron fist up the poop chute. :rolleyes:

Where the fuck is all this coming from? Nothing has changed. The infractions system isn't new.

Okay, look, this all started because zenkidori had a picture of someone taking a piss into a toilet in his sig. This is not something I or the majority of other users I think want to look at while browsing the forums, especially when at work, so I nicely asked him to change it via PM (which is well within my right as forum owner). I didn't ban him for breaking common sense forum rules (decency and such), I didn't even give him an infraction. I was just nice and sent him a PM asking him to change it.

He then got bent out of shape and basically said I was being totally unreasonable and that I should have just blocked the image on my PC if I didn't want to look at it, but that he'd change it anyway.

It went on from there and he's been trolling ever since.

KaJuN: before you go off on something, know the full story next time.

Everyone: That's enough of this shit. I'm serious. Nothing has changed in months except the reputation feature which has nothing to do with any of this. I'm not picking on anyone and if you ask me, I'm a LOT more patient than other forum admins IMO.

If people insist on trolling and causing drama, I'll just use the ban hammer and be done with it. I won't have any of BS on my forums. There are over 20,000 other people on this forum and I won't have you ruin their time here.

If you don't like it, there's the door.

Thanks.

Infactions are a built-in system to vBulletin. We've had them for over a year. The reason you had no clue about them is because you haven't been trolling since we moved to vB.

They are essentially a warning system and are used to keep track of trouble makers and such. They are handed out to thread bumpers, people who are trolling, etc. An infraction is sometimes what happens when you report a post.

They are designed so that after X infraction points, a temporary ban gets put in place, but I have that off, so essentially it's like a yellow card in soccer or something -- i.e. it's a warning and nothing more really.

Too many though and you and I get to have a little chat.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation.

In all fairness the bump for the rule change was always covered up by either the introductions or funny quotes threads. It's pretty pointless regularly checking the rules when they rarely ever change. Rule changes (especially one that involves a fairly common occurrence) are so few and far between that I figured they would get more mention than anything in the news thread or about your shiny new server.

Secondly, there's no way I could have known the whole story because the first time I had ever heard of the infraction system was when I got one. I've been here for over a year and I had no idea whatsoever that the system was in place. All I'm honestly trying to do is find out why it's suddenly being used and why things seem to be tightening up around here. But I guess we're not allowed to question that. I can see the discussion isn't going anywhere so just forget I mentioned it if it makes you happy.

This place has changed. :(

wow, that's a load of BS about what happened with my sig, you were the one who got bent out of shape, not me.

but whatever.

maybe it's been part of the forum code for a while, but it was never used to such a ridiculous degree.

all we're doing here, is disagreeing. No need to get bent out of shape.

Last edited:
Reactions: lip
If you don't bring this issue up again I won't either.
I've said all I really want to on the matter now, but I wasn't going to just let you talk as if I was making things up or just trying to start shit, I'm not. I wasn't even going to post anything in the first place, but I noticed I wasn't the only one having problems with the overzealous use of what apparently has been here all along. The signature thing wasn't even an issue with me, I don't really care. On my forum, I just delete images that aren't allowed. Whatever. My issue was with what I consider to be your crap mods, running around handing out infractions like candy for no reason.

whatever the result, you know how I feel, and why I feel that way, as do whoever reads these pages, so whatever. There really is no point in further discussing it if we're just going to go around in circles. If you honestly think I deserve an infraction that limits my posting time to every 300 seconds because I expressed suprise at the value of a guitar, or that I can't rep people because I gave you a negative rep once, or that I deserve another infraction for asking if someone is dumb after they ignorantly said someone picketing their son's funeral was a good thing, then I can't change that. You're the boss. I think it's BS, you don't, it's your forum, whatever.

Top Gear FTW.

Moving on...

it's suddenly being used

It's not "suddenly being used". It's been in use ever since the move to VB. The fact that you didn't know about it was because you've always been a good boy :p

So i got 5 points for that ibtl deal, it doesn't restrict my usage does it? Cuz that would blow since those don't expire apparently.