Ownership Verified: The French Baguette Van: My RenaultSport Clio

Hbriz

Ballroom Blitz
Car(s)
'07 Megane dCi
Put the stripes on, only buggered it up a little bit around the top of the boot lid.

The process was fairly easy, but the stripes thoughtfully didn't come with any instructions. A bit of research led to a rather simple process of spraying the car with a soapy water mixture, and applying the stripes and flattening them out with a credit card. All up, it took about 3 hours to get it as close to perfect as my inept self is able to.

Anyway, enough talk, only crappy phone pictures for now. I'll take some better photos when the light is better.

Hbriz

Ballroom Blitz
Car(s)
'07 Megane dCi
Sorry for the OT, but what is that Fiat Bravo doing there? They sell Fiats in Australia?
Yes, and in my suburb in particular they are quite popular. A guy a few doors down has a Grand Punto 1.3 JTD. A couple of people round the corner have Bravos too (called the Ritmo here because of Mazda owning the name).

They stopped selling them in the '80s, and stayed out of the market until 5 or 6 years ago I think.

Suspense

Car(s)
2002 MX-5
That being said, they don't have much of a presence and you don't see many of them on the road in Sydney.

Hbriz

Ballroom Blitz
Car(s)
'07 Megane dCi
I'm weighing up the merits of getting either clear or smoked side indicator lenses. It would cost around $30, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I'm leaning towards the smoked ones as the grey would match the stripes, but I fear it might look a bit chav. :dunno:

Any thoughts?

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
I'd say smoked, to match the headlights, they're not perfectly clear either.

Hbriz

Ballroom Blitz
Car(s)
'07 Megane dCi
So as I mentioned before in Random Thoughts, my mum tried to move my car while I was at work. This was the aftermath. New part ordered from a Renault dealer in the UK (it's cheaper), and will be here soon hopefully. Then cue me making a mess of putting it in.

Also, just got back from the garden centre. This is how you get five hedges in a Clio. That is, surprisingly easily. :p

Suspense

Car(s)
2002 MX-5
^ there's (practically) no limit to what small cars can carry. I've seen pics of an MX5 transporting a mattress.

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
^ there's (practically) no limit to what small cars can carry. I've seen pics of an MX5 transporting a mattress.
I've carried an 8 foot ladder inside my Renault 19 hatchback... just gotta find the way to make it fit (that sounds wrong)

Last edited:

sifu

Car(s)
-11 BMW F11 528i Sport
and i had two washing machines and a 80cm wide spring mattress in my citroen visa + 2 passangers. it was quite a tight fit..

Lastsoul

Car(s)
MX5, 406 Coup?, 106 Rallye, Porsche 924, X300 Six
Also probably quite slammed right height, at least in the back? :D

sifu

Car(s)
-11 BMW F11 528i Sport
luckily didnt have any major bumps on the way. wouldve bottomed quite easily..

public

Volvomies, volvomies
Car(s)
P26L XC70 D5 and a ton of crap
Was there a dog and a bicycle and 20 people inside at some point as well?