The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

I was wondering how long that one would take to get here.

Caution.jpg

One for the riders among us. Let me know if you get the humor in this photo.

What the hell, here's one more:
http://img523.imageshack.**/img523/7401/3zlxeooiz2.jpg

Last edited:
I was wondering how long that one would take to get here.

Caution.jpg

One for the riders among us. Let me know if you get the humor in this photo.

I'm not a rider but I get it :lol:

I don't get it. Is that the logo of some motorcycle brand?
Harley Davidson, they're bashing HD saying they are slow. I'm a Ducati man myself.

Harley Davidsons are more cruising bikes than sports bikes. They are quick, and they make nice noises, but yeah.

Harley Davidson is an American motorcycle company that has in the past developed a reputation for being "slow." The fact is that the bikes themselves are not slow, the type of people who can afford Harleys are older and not balls-out knee-dragging power rangers. The Harley Davidson is famous for it's V-Twin motors and unique look and sound. Other companies have tried to copy the look but Harley has actually copyrighted and trademarked the sound of their bikes because it's so unique. The company was in serious trouble in the 1960s and 1970s for making very dated motorcycles, after a brief ownership by AMF, a bowling equipment manufacturer, the company was bought by the employees. They have spent a great deal of money on R&D and developed new engines that maintain the Harley Davidson look and sound but are more reliable and more powerful. The big V-Twins don't rev as high as the 3, 4, and 6 cylinder counterparts, but they have incredible low-end torque - perfect for long cross country rides in the US.

Harley Davidson motors are currently used by Buell, an American sport bike company with close ties to Harley.

Sport bikes evolved in Europe out of the Cafe Racers, while Cruiser bikes like Harley Davidson evolved in the US. Once again the landscape and heritage played a major role in development, just as it did with cars. The riding position is actually related to the type of horse saddles that evolved on our different continents. On a European saddle you squeeze the horse with your knees and use your legs for control, on an American saddle the legs are not used to control the horse and hang lower in the stirrups, giving the rider the classic "Cowboy Slouch" rather than the forward, aggressive riding position we see in the Steeple Chase.

So there's the history of Harley Davidson and American motorcycling in less than a page.

Harley Davidson, they're bashing HD saying they are slow. I'm a Ducati man myself.

In that case, I've got one for you too.

ducati.jpg

Last edited:
Harley Davidsons are more cruising bikes than sports bikes. They are quick, and they make nice noises, but yeah.

Yeah, but the sign is most likely meant to read "Slow: Motorcycles Entering Highway" just like the "Slow: Deaf Child" or "Slow: Men Working." The sign doesn't tell you that the men are slow, and working, but it's telling you to "slow" because there are workmen around.

FunnyOutOfReach.jpg

Yes, we know. Just go with it.

FunnyOutOfReach.jpg

Yes, we know. Just go with it.

Sorry...I'm originally from near-Milwaukee...by law, I have to defend Harley, the Packers, and the cheese, or they take away my citizenship.

Oh, and Miller beer, too.

edit: But not the Bucks...which is strange...

I'm still trying to find the "highway" in that other photo.

Sorry...I'm originally from near-Milwaukee...by law, I have to defend Harley, the Packers, and the cheese, or they take away my citizenship.

Oh, and Miller beer, too.

edit: But not the Bucks...which is strange...

Same here. And, yeah...Bucks suck. Though they don't...

So what did the teacher draw that? (since it's in red ink)

Yeah i believe we are to assume the teacher did draw that.

if thats what your asking.