The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

That elevator trick is going to save me so much time if it's true :p

In a lot of elevators, it works by holding down the close doors button. If I'm in a hurry, I always hold down that button, and thus far it's worked.

74275933_3da58d47ae_o.jpg

:lmao:

If I send that to a friend of mine, he will have his car decal'd to match!

I wonder if the acne thing actually works...

Acne is mostly caused by pores getting clogged up with , basicly, skingrease (hence why it affects mostly teenagers, as you skin is at its most greasy in your teens) .

A towel usualy has rather large, coarse fibers, when sleeping on a clean one I can imagine it helping by sortoff somewhat sorta kindoff getting that grease out of you pores as you move about and scrape your face against it......

Acne is mostly caused by pores getting clogged up with , basicly, skingrease (hence why it affects mostly teenagers, as you skin is at its most greasy in your teens) .

A towel usualy has rather large, coarse fibers, when sleeping on a clean one I can imagine it helping by sortoff somewhat sorta kindoff getting that grease out of you pores as you move about and scrape your face against it......

Yeah, and if you change it often, instead of sleeping with the same greasy pillow cover, it can only improve your skin.

So instead of a face covered in lumps and bumps due to acne, you wake up with lumps and bumps from the pile of the towel? :hmm:

On a related note has anyone ever noticed that you only wake up with creases in your face from daytime napping and not from a normal night's sleep?

So instead of a face covered in lumps and bumps due to acne, you wake up with lumps and bumps from the pile of the towel? :hmm:

Try using fabric softener or a tumble dryer :p

As a serving officer of the Man Police I am afraid I am going to have inform you that your mancard has been revoked!

Under section 42 of the Man Act (2003), subsection TG paragraphs F and G any towel used by any man must be at least as abrasive as grade 120 sandpaper. Furthermore no mention must ever be made of its exfoliating properties or any other dermatological benefits. Towels must always be left on the bathroom floor and under no circumstances hung up on the towel rail to dry in order that they will be suitably cold and clammy next time they are required, therefore adding further proof of maleness.

I wonder if the acne thing actually works...

It might ease the symptoms but it will never eliminate the problem, only medical treatment can do that. No, what you see ads for on tv is not medical treatment. Isotretinoin is (the only recognized) medical treatment.

Last edited:
It might ease the symptoms but it will never eliminate the problem, only medical treatment can do that. No, what you see ads for on tv is not medical treatment. Isotretinoin is (the only recognized) medical treatment.

And while the side effects are a bitch, I can say from personal experience that it works where everything else I have tried failed miserably.

On a related note has anyone ever noticed that you only wake up with creases in your face from daytime napping and not from a normal night's sleep?

Yes. No idea why this happens.

Towels must always be left on the bathroom floor and under no circumstances hung up on the towel rail to dry in order that they will be suitably cold and clammy next time they are required, therefore adding further proof of maleness.

But but but but, I need a dry towel to dry my luscious locks.

Should be cross posted to carbage.

As a serving officer of the Man Police I am afraid I am going to have inform you that your mancard has been revoked!

Under section 42 of the Man Act (2003), subsection TG paragraphs F and G any towel used by any man must be at least as abrasive as grade 120 sandpaper. Furthermore no mention must ever be made of its exfoliating properties or any other dermatological benefits. Towels must always be left on the bathroom floor and under no circumstances hung up on the towel rail to dry in order that they will be suitably cold and clammy next time they are required, therefore adding further proof of maleness.

You can get a new Man card here.