The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

I never thought of cars as "story driven" (lul driven, you see what i did there) for me pixar movies are hugely about how far they're taking cgi, Tangled is a typical story but the FX are hugely amazing, and then cars has... cars, win-win for me, personally nothing beats Monsters inc and Finding Nemo for the best cgi movies of the last decade

I've followed Pixar since the early days of SIGGRAPH shorts and Luxo and loved it from a CGI perspective.

But along the way I also discovered they had good solid stories behind them too, they'd stand with the best of Disney regardless of whether they're rendered or hand drawn on cells. Credit John Lasseter.

Now with the Disney takeover the Pixar brain trust is being flung around the Disney empire and the flood of patronizing sequels have begun. Next up Monsters Inc. sequel.

Tangled wasn't pixar, by the way.

I want to know which jackoff reviewer didn't give Toy Story 3 a perfect rating. That movie is goddamn incredible, and heartbreaking, and poignant.

The magic of Pixar movies is that, like classic Disney and Warner animation, it works on multiple levels for kids and adults.

TS3 was too heavily on the adult nostalgia side -- 5 year olds won't understand college kids throwing out their toys and moving on; they won't understand that, as kids, they DESTROY toys. Finally, the whole sequence in the garbage dump was way too dark and heavy -- the gang facing their impending death by immolation and/or crushing and especially resigning themselves to accept their fate and holding hands like frigging Holocaust victims marching into the gas chambers is just way too over the top heavy for preschoolers to be dealing with.

Last edited:

True, but Catmull and Lasseter are heads of both Pixar and Disney Animation Studios now, and it was directed by Lasseter, which makes the Pixar strong in this one.

Last edited:
Don't forget your motorcycle?

Yup, don't shit in the rest area. Annoyingly, people still do it, and when you want to eat lunch on one of the benches poo smell from forest.

I know, neither was How to Train your dragon or Despicable Me, but each one i noticed added something new to cgi

Yup, don't shit in the rest area. Annoyingly, people still do it, and when you want to eat lunch on one of the benches poo smell from forest.

I hate when they do it in front of the gates at work. I know we are in the middle of no where, but that doesn't give you the right to pull down your pants and drop a big stinky shit in the middle of our road.

I have never done anything like that before, but I can definitely imagine a situation, when I would be "in such a hurry" that it would leave me no other choice, especially given the usual density of rest areas on some German motorways. They should rather consider building a damn toilet there.

I also love how the maximum fine is accurate to 6 signifact figures.:lol: I'm guessing it's a conversion from 3000 DM?

TS3 was too heavily on the adult nostalgia side -- 5 year olds won't understand college kids throwing out their toys and moving on; they won't understand that, as kids, they DESTROY toys. Finally, the whole sequence in the garbage dump was way too dark and heavy -- the gang facing their impending death by immolation and/or crushing and especially resigning themselves to accept their fate and holding hands like frigging Holocaust victims marching into the gas chambers is just way too over the top heavy for preschoolers to be dealing with.

I can't help but think that was their intention, that they made a movie to cater to the original fans of Toy Story 1, the kids who had grown up to become college students. As a college student who saw the first TS in theatres, I can say confidently they hit that mark very well.

I have never done anything like that before, but I can definitely imagine a situation, when I would be "in such a hurry" that it would leave me no other choice, especially given the usual density of rest areas on some German motorways. They should rather consider building a damn toilet there.

you have to consider driving times from the truckers as well
if they're just driven 4h straight, they can't move or will get a ticket (it's logged on the tachograph, so can get fined even a day later...)
but if you have to go, you have to go, no matter where... (a je moe kakken, moe je kakken!)

[US-mode]but build a toilet? and who will build/clean/maintain it? i don't want my taxmoney going to some toilets so polish/romanian/estonian/latvian/...(whatever you see driving around here) truckers can shit without getting stung! [/US-mode]
(and that's one of the reasons why we need a road-vignet...)

but to be honest, i only stop at a highway parking when i have to pee (about every 50km :lol:), that's their main purpose (besides meetup place for gay men), i wouldn't think about holding a picknick there?

if they're just driven 4h straight, they can't move or will get a ticket (it's logged on the tachograph, so can get fined even a day later...)
but if you have to go, you have to go, no matter where... (a je moe kakken, moe je kakken!)

[US-mode]but build a toilet? and who will build/clean/maintain it? i don't want my taxmoney going to some toilets so polish/romanian/estonian/latvian/...(whatever you see driving around here) truckers can shit without getting stung! [/US-mode]

but to be honest, i only stop at a highway parking when i have to pee (about every 50km :lol:), that's their main purpose (besides meetup place for gay men), i wouldn't think about holding a picknick there?

What they have done here to deal with the maintenance issue is that they have completely phased out those rudimentary rest areas. They were either converted to petrol stations or closed down. The proper service stations with a petrol station or at least a restaurant are hardly ever more than 20 km from each other so the density is not an issue.

Odly enough it's always certain nationalities you see doing that, almost never 'natives'.....if they even bother to go into the bushes that is, along with lord knows what else they get up to.

Sharing parkinglots at night with that lot is why I stopped longhauling, they are havens of crime and general norm and lawlessnes, and not the fun kind.

Last edited:
I can't help but think that was their intention, that they made a movie to cater to the original fans of Toy Story 1, the kids who had grown up to become college students. As a college student who saw the first TS in theatres, I can say confidently they hit that mark very well.

Hit me fairly hard as it happened to come out my first year at college, so I can't help but think that it really is what they meant to do. I watched the first two when they came out in theatres, and the storyline of Andy, his growing up, and the eventual compromises he had to make very closely mirrored mine.

Translation to english
Something went wrong.
We've sent some trained monkeys, to correct the problem.
http://img819.imageshack.**/img819/9803/clipboard02fi.jpg