Car(s)
04 STI, 07 Corvette, 79 911SC, 72 240Z
this lady knows what time it is and she doesnt take no for an answer! :blink:

MCvPcmX.jpg

Ilpav

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Corolla LE
Just thought of another one: brushing your teeth minute.

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
You forgot the longest minute know to man...

Adunaphel

Angrily shouting at Klauwds
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Cube²
I've spent more than 30 minutes looking at a progress bar that said "Time remaining: 0s" on multiple occasions. Oh the joys of (old(er)) application installers.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending

Adunaphel

Angrily shouting at Klauwds
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Cube²

smib

is a big honkin' homo
Car(s)
2010 Mazda3
If only it were merely occasionally...

QFT

I've also had UAC pause an installation, but not actually launch its prompt on several occasions.

CD82

Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0 TDI
And that (among other things) is why UAC has die on every Installation. I mean srsly everybody is probably just clicking "ok" anyway, even if there is malware asking permission to delete C: and castrate your dog. Prime example: my sister and her laptop. Occasionally she will tell me that something is wrong and that "there was some popup, but I don't know what it said, I just clicked 'continue' and I dunno lol now things are bad".

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
2006 Mercedes E200 Kombi
I haven't disabled it on my machines. I just disable the screen dim thingy. Sometimes the computer has to refresh the display. Sometimes it doesn't. And, on HDD computers it's quite slow at responding. SSD, not so much. Still, I don't like the screen dimming thing.

ZeDestructor

#gear, irc.finalgear.com, .mu, .earth, .???
Car(s)
1994 Toyota Tercel
If only it were merely occasionally...

Good thing I don't deal with much enterprise software... As bad as Xilinx ISE is, at least it contains itself properly... AND it works properly... despite clearly being some unholy clusterfuck of Java, C, C++ and probably FORTRAN and COBOL. That's what the embedded deps look like at any brate ?_?

QFT

I've also had UAC pause an installation, but not actually launch its prompt on several occasions.

I have UAC occasionally launch in background... annoying to say the least...

And that (among other things) is why UAC has die on every Installation. I mean srsly everybody is probably just clicking "ok" anyway, even if there is malware asking permission to delete C: and castrate your dog. Prime example: my sister and her laptop. Occasionally she will tell me that something is wrong and that "there was some popup, but I don't know what it said, I just clicked 'continue' and I dunno lol now things are bad".

Which is why the first thing I do on all of my Windows 7 machines is disable UAC. Useless tat.

I've done the opposite and enabled UAC. Turns out I need much less admin power than I though. Coming (back) from Linux-land, I see where they got the idea from, but so many poorly written programs needing admin...

I mean I click yes to all UAC prompts, but that's because my system is clean. It's a huge mess of many, many programs, but clean.