The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

I am an atheist, I don't believe your book.

So, me being an immature five year old. This was the conversation I had with mom when she wanted me to make dinner yesterday.

1060280_10151766037583653_266875896_n.jpg

The worst kind of Christian uses the bible like a drunk uses a lamp post. For support, rather than illumination.

Reactions: MWF
The worst kind of Christian uses the bible like a drunk uses a lamp post. For support, rather than illumination.

That's a pretty good phrase. You came up with that?

Heh, I wish. It's a quote by Andrew Lang, a Scottish poet and novelist. He was actually talking about a specific person and how they use statistics, but the phrase has such good application possibilities, I just couldn't resist.

Unfortunately, religion in general has been used to suppress the illumination of ignorance. Religion can only survive in the dark spaces, the gaps in our knowledge - which is why religion in general has always fought against scientific advancement. Ancient Persia used to be seat of science and knowledge until some fuckstick cleric decided that math was the language of the devil. Within a few generations all the advancement had come to a halt and a one thriving society descended into a nomadic lifestyle of tribal feuds. Our numbering system today still uses Arabic Numbers and most the stars in the sky bear Arabic names. Then there were the Christians, who spawned the dark ages, suppressed Galileo, and still fight against medical advances like Stem Cell research.

Sorry, but no illumination has ever come from the Christian bible.

OK, back to the funny!

149517.jpg

was the internet always like this ?

I don't think you've seen it at its worst.

CJy9G75.jpg

daily_picdump_1268_640_64.jpg

Oh, the innocence of the...whatever decade this is...
17Chiquita.jpg

rsBbDaE.jpg

WzTNkKT.jpg

morning_picdump_375_640_43.jpg

That would be cool in anti-gravity...I don't see the point otherwise.

I was just thinking the same thing...of course, minutes after posting it...