The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

its just weird

Gay_Test891.jpg

Well, the "Russians" flew what they called MiG 28s, and there is no such aircraft. There is a MiG 27 and at the time we knew the Russians had a new fighter coming out so we just assumed it would be a MiG 28. Russia, however, introduced the MiG 29.

They should have just bought genuine mig21's from 3rd world countries. :p

Mig29 kinda sucks in sim games. :cry:

^ Oh sure, one little typo and everyone is all over it. :p

The Fishbed was widely known and an aging aircraft. It wouldn't work with the plot of the film.

mig21sh.jpg

^ HAHAHA

Mig29 kinda sucks in sim games.
Clearly, you've never played Jane's Fighter's Anthology. The MIG29 in that game is awesome.

The Fishbed was widely known and an aging aircraft. It wouldn't work with the plot of the film.
Yup, that plane is old and cruddy. The F-14 would have easily annihilated them without breaking a sweat.

Hell, given a decent pilot even an F-4 could take down a MiG21.

They did it many times in Korea (whenever the 21s would stick around to fight, they usually would swoop in and bugger off without a dogfight).

Last edited:
Er, Vietnam perhaps? (in the true spirit of 2/20's xkcd)

duty_calls.png

Last edited:
Must...save...this....thread from military nerdity! ;)

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/21/112.jpg

Clearly, you've never played Jane's Fighter's Anthology. The MIG29 in that game is awesome.

That game was like, my childhood. The 29 still sucked there.

I'm referring to Lock On: Modern Air Combat. The 29 there can't pull nearly as many g's as the su27 can.

Hell, given a decent pilot even an F-4 could take down a MiG21.

They did it many times in Korea (whenever the 21s would stick around to fight, they usually would swoop in and bugger off without a dogfight).

Korean War used F86 Sabres vs. Mig 15...Fagots. Phantoms and Fishbeds were in Vietnam.

You don't have to insult them just because they used Soviet planes.

:p

Yeah, sorry about that. I was watching an ad for a Korean war documentary at the time. I hate it when my multi-tasking doesn't stay in it's own lane.