The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

Now I understand why the Onions old video where Apple invents the Macbook Wheel is trending again. On the upside, Apple users might stop being Apple users after loosing three sets of earphones while out jogging.

Bluetooth earbuds screams bad idea. How many flash drives or SD cars have you run through the washer and dryer?

Bluetooth earbuds screams bad idea. How many flash drives or SD cars have you run through the washer and dryer?

My SD cars do not fit in my washing machine.

As I said in the iPhone thread - none. I've also never lost a single pair of earbuds, to my recollection. Not that difficult to make a habit of having them in the same place all the time.

it does help those came with a meter long string attached to it, now they'll just end up among the coins in the pocket and indeed get lost/get damaged

As I said in the iPhone thread - none. I've also never lost a single pair of earbuds, to my recollection. Not that difficult to make a habit of having them in the same place all the time.

I'm with you on this. I'm also someone who takes care of everything they own. I never lost a key for instance. Ever. It's because I am well organized. Objects belong in a certain place (drawer for instance) and I always put them there. So when I look for something, I know it can only be in place A or place B or place C. It's almost obsessive-compulsive. It worked even when I had cats. Whenever I leave the house, I feel my pockets if I have everything with me -- it's an automatic action and if something is missing, it doesn't feel right.

Having said that: If you lose an ear bud, you'll notice: The music just stops playing in your ear :rolleyes: So you can stop and look where it has fallen.

But I know of people who continously tend to lose everything. And I mean everything. You could tie stuff up on them and they'd still lose it. I feel sorry for them and wish they could organize themselves a bit better, so it doesn't happen all the time.

The last time I lost something, it was because I wasn't well organized. It was the mounting plate for the tripod and I lost it while changing the accu in my camera. I was sloppy and didn't miss it at first. But I knew exactly where I lost it. Unfortunately it was gone when I returned to that place, so somebody must have picked it up and kept it.

Oh, by the way: Anyone here got a Samsung Galaxy Note7? :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I am with you on this one.
As much as I despise Apple for a number of reasons, this is childish bickering.
I can't wait for the Android that ditches the 3.5mm for USB-C.

Yeah, I kind of figured, but it is important enough that I want to be sure people know.

galaxy-note-7-battery-explosion-burns-down-jeep-450x270.jpg

To their credit, 0.0000175% have had an issue and they issued a full recall just as their biggest competitor releases their newest product. Kudos to them.

To their credit, 0.0000175% have had an issue and they issued a full recall just as their biggest competitor releases their newest product. Kudos to them.

And when that competitor had similar exploding battery problems with its iPods several years ago, they covered it up by forcing their customers to sign non-disclosure agreements before honouring their warranty obligations. It came out when an English man whose daughter's smoking iPod exploded moments after he threw into his backyard refused to play along with Apple and instead went public. After it hit the news in 2009, other people started to come forward with similar stories.

Exactly. They stood up, said there is a problem that can cause damage or injury and we are going to fix it. It is not only the right thing to do, it is a sign of a company that knows not to try and screw over customers.

And when that competitor had similar exploding battery problems with its iPods several years ago, they covered it up by forcing their customers to sign non-disclosure agreements before honouring their warranty obligations. It came out when an English man whose daughter's smoking iPod exploded moments after he threw into his backyard refused to play along with Apple and instead went public. After it hit the news in 2009, other people started to come forward with similar stories.

But Apple would never try and take advantage of good customers,... oh, wait.

I can't wait for the Android that ditches the 3.5mm for USB-C.

It's called the Motorola Moto Z, and it's out already in the US, the rest of the world has to wait a bit longer.

Last edited:
It's called the Motorola Moto Z, and it's out already in the US, the rest of the world has to wait a bit longer.

Ah, so removal of the headphone jack will be the worstest, most evil thing ever, until Google does it to the Nexus line, after which it will be "obvious" that no one really needs it these days, and also Apple is still evil because they were just copying Android!

For people that listen to music or podcasts while doing things away from a Bluetooth enabled device, yes it is a pain and more expensive. And you may not need that manual transmission, but many still want it.