Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
taxis and the subway
bone;n3544419 said:
the fact that on an iPhone you need a special dongle to have a hardware button
only on the iPhone X

bone;n3544419 said:
or 3.5mm audiojack is hilarious if you ask me...
I thought I was going to miss that connection when I upgraded to a current iPhone, but it turns out that I miss it like a hole in the head. Bluetooth headphones FTW!

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
How are you enjoying having your songs compressed to hell and back and having yet another thing to charge every so often? :p

Last edited:

Redliner

Will bore you to death with butterfly facts
DONOR
Hookers, deadly mosquitoes, pimps and drug dealers
Car(s)
2013 Palio Sporting
gaasc;n3544427 said:
How are you enjoying having your songs compressed to hell and back and having yet another thing to charge every so often? :p
I just bought a JBL E25BT and this damn thing has an 8 hour battery life. Good enough for me.
I also "lost" the hardware button when I went to the Moto X4, but I don't miss it one bit...

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
taxis and the subway
gaasc;n3544427 said:
Well, where to start? It's not ike the d/a conversion in the phone itself is lossless and Bluetooth audio does not always have to apply additional compression. Ditching the headphone wires is not only convenient, but it also eliminates the problems arising from degraded wires. As for charging, the battery life of my headphones is perfectly fine for all my long-distance travel needs and I can charge them quite quickly.

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
I know it's probably just a joke and I should leave it alone but I've used Bluetooth for music for about 5 years now (Sony MW600 and SBH80) along with wired headphones and I'm yet to hear any compression or difference in quality. The SBH80 gets charged every few days out of habit but doesn't necessarily need it.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
It was partially a joke, yes, although I am still a bit salty at the trend towards no headphone jacks on phones and I hate having more things to charge. I also was very curious about the FG hive mind's experience with them, because I don't intend to change phones in a couple of years and there is a nonzero chance that there won't be any decent phones with headphone jacks left.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Reminds me of this a friend sent me from Reddit.

Should English Be The Only Offical Language of The EU?

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".
In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.
In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.
By the 4th yer peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensi bl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi TU understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru. [h=1]Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.[/h]

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
I went to turo.com for the first time to see what cool cars there might be available in my area. So, I picked my location, told it to sort from $ High to $ Low.

A few page down, I came across this delusional fellow:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"1206","width":"639","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/GYDX4dR.jpg"}[/IMG2]

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
kids still know who he's imitating?
i can't remember the last time i came across one of those miniatures

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee