The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

From an obscure motoring journalist named James May:
JamesMayAutocar.jpg

Actually, you can't tell unless you know the time that picture was taken, it may as well be north @ noon.

I believe it's because highways with even numbers in the US are supposed to be East/West. I might be wrong though...

I believe it's because highways with even numbers in the US are supposed to be East/West. I might be wrong though...

That is correct, except for 3 number interstates. Those are shorter and in metro areas. For example, IH-635 here in Dallas goes east/west and some points and north/south at others.

280 goes N/S here, and 80 goes E/W.

Between Milwaukee and Chicago, Hwy 94 goes north and south...but it's called 94E and 94W because the rest of the interstate goes E+W...it just jumps north around the bottom of lake michigan...but growing up i thought it was a N/S hwy.

That is correct, except for 3 number interstates. Those are shorter and in metro areas. For example, IH-635 here in Dallas goes east/west and some points and north/south at others.
I think it is
odd number =north/south
even number= east/west
3 digit =loop

thats what I was told in texas geo class and it makes sence

190 is a loop
30 is east to west
35 north and south
80 is east to west
635 is a loop
75 is north to south

Might by for state highways...might interstates be different?

For instance:
Hwy 94 is the interstate.
794 (odd prefix) Goes through center of the city
894 (even prefix)is the bypass that goes around the city.

That's what I always thought...

I-680 is the name of three links of highway. Either that's in California, Iowa or Ohio. Probably the first or the last, as the Iowan I-680 is east west mostly.

I-680 is the name of three links of highway. Either that's in California, Iowa or Ohio. Probably the first or the last, as the Iowan I-680 is east west mostly.

680 in California is mostly North - South... (starts in San Jose and ends at around the Bencia Bridge near I-80.

:neutral:

Breadcat.jpg

getting a bit credit crunched..
ATT00105.jpg

ATT00108.jpg

ATT00129.jpg

ATT00111.jpg

ATT00114.jpg

ATT00117.jpg

ATT00120.jpg

ATT00123.jpg

ATT00126.jpg

ATT00132.jpg

http://img360.imageshack.**/img360/3250/shogafuckinaisince1999sj9.jpg

?Shoganai? in Japanese means ?nothing you can do about it?,
so ?shogafuckinai? is like - ?nothing the fuck you can do about it?

I 95 in CT actually goes East North East because it is built on one of the old turnpike routes before the interstate system was built. It just follows the coast of CT until it hits Rhode Island then it turns north again.

I'm depressed now. Can I haz mor funnay?

http://img377.imageshack.**/img377/323/bstf9.jpg

Well I tried. :roll: