The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

599 posts. Someone get me a Ferrari, pronto!

Not even a Schr?dinger mention? I am disappoint.
My head just exploded.

Isn't the state of the animal inside the box decided once the measurement is taken, i.e. the moment Schr?dinger's cat is looked at? For that, you would have to lift the box, which would in turn make the animal stop doing what it's doing inside the box; provided that it can be doing any of the things described in the pictures whilst half alive and half dead. And where does that hamster come in?

OK, so it was funnier at the time cos we were high.

Last edited:
My mother came home today and gave me this:
KP_K33_garbo.jpg

I am rather horrified. I mentioned that there were cool keychain pens at walgreens (when I worked there, 3 years ago) so for some reason she went to walgreens and bought that.
I think it is contemplating my murder.

Spoilered for those who don't want to see the Final Jeopardy for the second day of competition of IBM's Watson vs. Ken Jennings vs. Brad Rutter.

2lavtxw.png

Watson is quite adorable... (I'm so rooting for him. As a CS major, I would feel bad if I didn't!)

Last edited:
I was listening to a story about Watson on NPR and they said in testing they got this response:

"This is what grasshoppers eat"
"What is Kosher?"

I was listening to a story about Watson on NPR and they said in testing they got this response:

"This is what grasshoppers eat"
"What is Kosher?"

I liked the example they mentioned in the 1st episode where Watson was asked a question which said something like "This non dairy creamer" and Watson answered with "Milk".

It IS a dildo, right?

How can that NOT come in handy? (so to speak) :whistle:

That would be a horrible dildo, it has a pen bit at the end that would write all inside of you and the hair bit would be extremely tickly. Plus it's a keychain thing so it's not exactly big so probably not very satisfying. :lol:

tumblr_lgc10tMhHn1qznqcqo1_1280.jpg

Except most bottled water is charging that with the decimal place one spot to the left for water of a lower quality than is mandated for tap water anyway, so EVERY brand of bottled water is already charging you many times the price of water for a lesser product already.

I was at the Columbus auto show a few years ago when the Hyundai Genesis sedan first came out and they were giving away these heavy, expensive looking boxes. I opened it hoping to find a little die cast model or something cool. But no, it was a bottle of Hyundai water. :blink:

EDIT: Here it is:
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/ka/kajun/2011/02/16/Hyundai_Water.JPG

Last edited: