The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

As well as "Houston, there seems to be an issue"

"Be so kind and proceed to the helicopter"

Reactions: LP
Had to try
http://img38.imageshack.**/img38/4672/amiablechaps.jpg

"I would disagree with your assertion that what you are currently displaying is a 'knife.' If I may direct your attention to the incredibly large instrument of laceration in my current possession, I should say that it makes your cutting implement seem completely out-classed, good sir."
crocodile-dundee-screenshot-you-call-that-a-knife111.jpg

"Male mammals have a reproductive system (or male genital system) which consists of a number of sex organs that are located outside the body, around the pelvic region. The main anatomically male sex organs are the penis and the testes which produce semen and sperm, which as part of sexual intercourse fertilize an ovum in an anatomically female person's body and the fertilized ovum (zygote) gradually develops into a fetus, which is later born as a child.

"The reproductive system of female mammals contains two main parts: the uterus, which hosts the developing fetus, produces vaginal and uterine secretions, and passes the anatomically male person's sperm through to the fallopian tubes; and the ovaries, which produce the anatomically female person's egg cells. These parts are internal; the vagina meets the external organs at the vulva, which includes the labia, clitoris and urethra. The vagina is attached to the uterus through the cervix, while the uterus is attached to the ovaries via the Fallopian tubes. At certain intervals, the ovaries release an ovum, which passes through the Fallopian tube into the uterus. If, in this transit, it meets with sperm, the sperm penetrate and merge with the egg, fertilizing it. The fertilization usually occurs in the oviducts, but can happen in the uterus itself. The zygote then implants itself in the wall of the uterus, where it begins the processes of embryogenesis and morphogenesis. When developed enough to survive outside the womb, the cervix dilates and contractions of the uterus propel the fetus through the birth canal, which is the vagina. The ova are larger than sperm and have formed by the time an anatomically female person is born. Approximately every month, a process of oogenesis matures one ovum to be sent down the Fallopian tube attached to its ovary in anticipation of fertilization. If not fertilized, this egg is flushed out of the system through menstruation."
tumblr_llyxmu7SqA1qbr2bm.jpg

^that last one is true, those plastics cases are murder to get open
Many, many fingers were severed trying to get a new ink cartridge to open
Maybe that's why they cost 30?? Half the price goes to making it impossible to steal?

I have never cut myself, or found much trouble opening them with a simple box cutter. Just run theblade aorund the actual raised "blister" part of the blister pack on all but one side, and pop it open hinging on the uncut side. *shrugs* The packaging is even intact enough that if I needed to return it, the packing is useable.

I'm just weird like that. I used to be able to completely un-wrap CD's one-handed while driving. I can still do it pretty quick (probably less than 4 seconds), but I'm out of practice not sure if I could still do it one-handed...but I can tear phonebooks now, so there's that trade-off. One useless skill gone, another one fills the space.

"This particular musical instrument amplifier features a thrilling additional option. As you can see, these controlls exceed the normal amplifiers' maximum limits of a factor of '10' by offering an additional '1.' For you see, there are many an occasion where 10 simply won't suffice. In these moments, this amazing device can 'go one more,' so to speak, to eleven...er...XI."

"We do not suffer from dementia. We are currently residing in Sparta."

Last edited:
They wrote "SLOM" on the next street over and it brought me years of enjoyment as a kid. Every day on the way to school HAHAHAHA SLOM

Actually they should write it on all streets. People will slow down to look and laugh.

That took me a moment. :lol:

I implore you to make inquires with those who compete in motorsport. Nay, inquire with those whose actually compete. They will inform you that it is of no concern as to if you win by an inch over you competitor, or if it is by a kilometer. It is still a victory.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/am/amtgman/2011/08/16/vin-diesel.jpg