The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

[IceBone] Surely the upper level is a canal not a river? (hope noone makes any remarks about my displacement) [/IceBone]

I wonder how many people think you need to account for the weight of the water and the ship, that means if you swim under a ship it crushes you :lol:

Yes, of course that is a canal, it seems it is the Magdeburg Water Bridge.

Btw: this isn't a phenomenon exclusive for Germany, there are many other navigable aqueducts where there is a need of crossing a natural river with a canal.

[edit]
I think the craziest navigable aqueduct isn't in Germany but in the UK: it is the Barton Swing Aqueduct. It's a trough filled with water which can be swung 90? so bigger ships can pass the river underneath. I think that's even more crazy than a ship lift which just goes up and down (well, the Falkirk wheel which is also located in the UK is a crazy ship lift, but at least it is balanced out so for the rotation only needs a 20 kW-engine...).
[/edit]

Last edited:
So I heard there was a 5.9 magnitude earthquake in Virginia today. Photo of the devastation:

earthquake_devastation

jMySO.jpg

7kDXs.jpg

Reactions: haz
Last edited:

That's when I try to involve someone else in the conversation so that there is a chance that a name might be uttered and my ass saved from... asking a question that doesn't really matter or offend anyone in the first place.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/ci/cisforcare/2011/08/24/tumblr_lq4plneydG1qh81hxo1_500.jpg.jpeg

Last edited:
Make-up and Hair style.............$500.00 ?
New Dress for the show............$70,000.00 (not sure about this ...)
?Giant Stuffed Bear......................$300.00

Not knowing how to hold the giant bear with a microphone in your hand .... Priceless!

o9qxqg.jpg

first time i see it for bicycles, but i've seen that done for cars when there is a right turn. to not hold up traffic, they have to take the left exit, and wait till no car is coming before crossing...