The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

You need to let go of the mouse in order to type a new URL anyway.

Pfft.... Maybe you have to. <_<

I can type with my um.... special wonder-mouse. :unsure:

Gimme a chance Kat, I've had it less than a week. ;)

Yup, learned this now. Will be using it to amaze some people in the future

853c7d4fa5eee6279a57dd0735806afd.jpg

I use alt-d...

Gimme a chance Kat, I've had it less than a week. ;)

Yup, learned this now. Will be using it to amaze some people in the future

I am the only one who presses all the buttons to see what they do? :unsure:

Don't press the F8 without installing the override btw, or it launches itunes and starts playing music.

I am seriously the only one who bothered to try them all? :|

F1/2 = dim/brighten screen
F3 = expose (all windows)
F4 = launch dashboard
F5/6 = dim/brighten keys
F7/8/9 = media controls (without plugin F8 launches itunes, they work with third party programs if you install the plugin)
F10/11/12 = mute/volume down/up

I would also suggest you guys check out the touchpad settings under the pref pane if you haven't already because there are about 9 zillion things set for it to do and it is totally awesome.

Last edited:

F4 = launch dashboard
F5/6 = dim/brighten keys
F7/8/9 = media controls (without plugin F8 launches itunes, they work with third party programs if you install the plugin)

I would also suggest you guys check out the touchpad settings under the pref pane if you haven't already because there are about 9 zillion things set for it to do and it is totally awesome.

those aren't standard functions...

like F3 is search...everywhere

F4 = launch dashboard
F5/6 = dim/brighten keys

KP5cR.png

Who remembers these?

You could use them to kill people without it breaking. Makes me wonder why I have this shitty pretty nondescript Logitech thing when I can have a Model M.

Here's a picture of a disappointed cat riding his invisible miniature car through the air just to keep somewhat to the topic.

Last edited:
No. :lol:

Under Keyboard, there's also the option of setting the F keys to their old-fashioned functions, which may come in handy every now and then.