The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

this lady knows what time it is and she doesnt take no for an answer! :blink:

MCvPcmX.jpg

Just thought of another one: brushing your teeth minute.

You forgot the longest minute know to man...

Regular or American?

1057385_10151748229438653_706830281_o.jpg

Did you occasoinally get the odd one where it launches sub-installers, one of them crashes and the main one waits forever?

If only it were merely occasionally...

QFT

I've also had UAC pause an installation, but not actually launch its prompt on several occasions.

And that (among other things) is why UAC has die on every Installation. I mean srsly everybody is probably just clicking "ok" anyway, even if there is malware asking permission to delete C: and castrate your dog. Prime example: my sister and her laptop. Occasionally she will tell me that something is wrong and that "there was some popup, but I don't know what it said, I just clicked 'continue' and I dunno lol now things are bad".

I haven't disabled it on my machines. I just disable the screen dim thingy. Sometimes the computer has to refresh the display. Sometimes it doesn't. And, on HDD computers it's quite slow at responding. SSD, not so much. Still, I don't like the screen dimming thing.

Good thing I don't deal with much enterprise software... As bad as Xilinx ISE is, at least it contains itself properly... AND it works properly... despite clearly being some unholy clusterfuck of Java, C, C++ and probably FORTRAN and COBOL. That's what the embedded deps look like at any brate ?_?

QFT

I've also had UAC pause an installation, but not actually launch its prompt on several occasions.

I have UAC occasionally launch in background... annoying to say the least...

And that (among other things) is why UAC has die on every Installation. I mean srsly everybody is probably just clicking "ok" anyway, even if there is malware asking permission to delete C: and castrate your dog. Prime example: my sister and her laptop. Occasionally she will tell me that something is wrong and that "there was some popup, but I don't know what it said, I just clicked 'continue' and I dunno lol now things are bad".

Which is why the first thing I do on all of my Windows 7 machines is disable UAC. Useless tat.

I've done the opposite and enabled UAC. Turns out I need much less admin power than I though. Coming (back) from Linux-land, I see where they got the idea from, but so many poorly written programs needing admin...

I mean I click yes to all UAC prompts, but that's because my system is clean. It's a huge mess of many, many programs, but clean.