The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

942907_10151744898157318_1377856246_n.jpg

That's not funny, it's just sad.
On a related note, my son is in Cub Scouts now and all his patches have "Made in China" stickers on them, too.

I can top it. In 24 hours, I saw 2 different Saturn LS sedans with Veteran plates. :cry:

Lies. Any bloke will send you out with 6 sheets of specs listed in order of preference.

No, because you have the list in your head, you spell out the list for her and expect her to immediately get it and she doesn't because she doesn't hear "pick up some Valvoline high-mileage oil" all she hears is "pick up some oil".

This may or may not have been near enough to an exacting conversation I had with an ex once.

No, because you have the list in your head, you spell out the list for her and expect her to immediately get it and she doesn't because she doesn't hear "pick up some Valvoline high-mileage oil" all she hears is "pick up some oil".

This may or may not have been near enough to an exacting conversation I had with an ex once.

You haven't met me in person. I WILL send you out with 6, printed, emailed A4 sheets worth of specs.

Gross. Walmart.

The only times I go to Walmart is to buy oil. They have the cheapest Mobil 1 by far. In addition they have the largest variety of oils. I've checked O'Reilly, Advance, Napa, AutoZone...nada. None of them carry the same variety and their Mobil 1 is a good 5-6 bucks more expensive.

*In before Volvo driver stereotype*

Last edited:
Why? All the oils have standardized viscosities, e.g. 5W-40. Just pick the cheapest

In theory, all gas (of the same octane) should be the same, too... But my car runs noticeably different on different brands of gasoline.

The only times I go to Walmart is to buy oil. They have the cheapest Mobil 1 by far. In addition they have the largest variety of oils. I've checked O'Reilly, Advance, Napa, AutoZone...nada. None of them carry the same variety and their Mobil 1 is a good 5-6 bucks more expensive.

I'll pay the extra not to step foot in those terrible places.

Why? All the oils have standardized viscosities, e.g. 5W-40. Just pick the cheapest

Ever hear the phrase you get what you pay for?

Cheap oils may get you expensive repair bills.

Doesn't seem to have an effect in the F150. :dunno:

engine oil is not like HDMI cables. 5W-30 Royal purple oil is most definitely not the same as 5W-30 el cheapo brand oil.

We just use 20W-50 Castrol GTX, it's what works for us and you can get it cheap at Walmart :cool: