The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

No. No...that's completely different. That's the Deutch...from Deutchland, or something, right?

no, he's correct
it's the dutch that have all the tulips and windmills...

Yes, and for people who live in one of the provinces called Holland (roughtly 40% of Dutchies), it's not a problem. But I live about as far as geographically possible from 'Holland' (while staying in the same country, excluding the Antilles), and don't really feel all that conected to 'Holland' and some of the values they stand for. So I really like it when people talk about The Netherlands and not about Holland, and I will always say that I'm from The Netherlands, not Holland.

I'll keep that in mind from now on. :)

Those are called wind turbines... (unless we really do have wind powered machinery, in which case: sorry for trying to be a smart-arse)

Last edited:
We do, not on a large scale yet though - there are efforts to mechanically compress air into underground storage that can be used whenever to drive a generator. We could settle on Windenergieanlage Gesundheit :)

Aaand back to funny.
10544380_10202870287490477_4076080007647748475_n.jpg

LMAO. Tyskland? As in tysk, tysk, tysk, you boys should've know better than to start another war?:banana::mouse:

Oh, Tyskland ... you can't make this stuff up. :)
From old norse word "thyskier" in turn derived from the ancient germanic word "thiot" meaning "people". Hence Tyskland/tyska (Deutschland/Deutsch) means "people's land" and "people's tongue".

Last edited: