The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

It's because there is the imperial system, partially still used in Britain and related countries, and the American system which has the same units but with different values. For example a US pint is 16 fluid ounces whereas an imperial pint is 20 fluid ounces. They both have 8 pints to a gallon so consequentially an American gallon is 20% smaller than an imperial gallon although the US fluid ounce is slightly larger so the difference is more like 17% in reality.
Wow, that's a clusterfuck... :blink:

Basically metric rules.
Word!

B5L9JxL.png

Not quite as dumb as it might first appear to be. After all it was a wise man who once said there are more planes at the bottom of the ocean than there are submarines in the sky.

Why have them if they aren't going to be used? It makes no sense parking them next to a sign that says "Chinese Submarine Fleet parked here" either.

Still helps show that Military Intelligence is something of an oxymoron.

Oxymoron (n) a person so dumb that if you ask them a question they forget to keep breathing.

This was the funny maths thread and now we have pedants <_<

If I worked in a department store and had to assemble bicycles I would do way worse then that....

Of course he does.

289F1FA000000578-3079887-image-a-16_1431524757890.jpg

Somebody taking photos of an official government office may be planning an attack on it. Just like how people taking photos of businesses may be planning to rob them.

Ha, my favourite moment ever in travel.

London Heathrow, immigrations. Giant sign "NO PICTURES". American lady takes pic. Soldier shouts "delete that picture and put away your phone". American lady runs up to soldier with machine gun, stands next to him and takes a selfie. American lady get's dragged into a room. American lady not seen again in the 1,5h I stood in line (WELL DONE BORDER FORCE, WELL DONE YOU HIGHLY EFFICIENT PEOPLE........)

Ha, my favourite moment ever in travel.

London Heathrow, immigrations. Giant sign "NO PICTURES". American lady takes pic. Soldier shouts "delete that picture and put away your phone". American lady runs up to soldier with machine gun, stands next to him and takes a selfie. American lady get's dragged into a room. American lady not seen again in the 1,5h I stood in line (WELL DONE BORDER FORCE, WELL DONE YOU HIGHLY EFFICIENT PEOPLE........)

Of course they're going to make your life hell if you take the piss, it's not a difficult rule to follow. I think most countries would be the same.