The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

Assuming this is true, instead of losing some weight, you know, going on a diet and maybe doing some exercises, she killed herself. EPIC FAIL.

That's incredibly ignorant of you. Some people cannot lose weight due to medical problems, and some can't lose weight due to psychological issues.

If this girl was so near taking her own life that something like this put her over the top, then I'm willing to bet she didn't even have the will to work out or lose weight. When you're down and depressed, it becomes hard to pull yourself out of that situation because all you can do is think negatively. It's just a vicious circle basically.

Anyway, for some reason that picture strikes me as real. You all should show some fucking respect. I know it's the internet and all, but still...

That's incredibly ignorant of you. Some people cannot lose weight due to medical problems, and some can't lose weight due to psychological issues.

If this girl was so near taking her own life that something like this put her over the top, then I'm willing to bet she didn't even have the will to work out or lose weight. When you're down and depressed, it becomes hard to pull yourself out of that situation because all you can do is think negatively. It's just a vicious circle basically.

Anyway, for some reason that picture strikes me as real. You all should show some fucking respect. I know it's the internet and all, but still...

I was gonna to go there, but decided i wudn't. Trust me on this one, there's always 125.000 reasons not to deal with your problem, and only 2 ways to solve it : hard work and commitment. "I can't" is not an option for 99.9%, "I don't want to" is. And nothing can be done until a switch goes "on" in the person's head.

The number of people with thyroid or other conditions that make weight loss difficult or impossible is less than 3%. The fact this girl's family thinks that someone that morbidly obese is "beautiful" would indicate to me that they are overlooking some fundamental lifestyle choices.

With so few people who have legitimate medical reasons for their weight problem, chances are that that eating was her problem.

In the words of Denis Leary: "Put the fork down!"

Okay, so it might have been the parents' fault for projecting the idea that being fat is okay and even beautiful. We will never know for sure if that or any of the other hypotheses are correct. I'm just saying we should be a little respectful in case she was in fact one of those who was fat by force, not by choice.

Calling any suicide case "epic fail" is just staggeringly low. Nobody can ever know for sure what was going on in the person's psyche when they took their own life.

Last edited:
Most suicides, especially adolescent suicides, are accidental successes. What I mean by that is that they attempt suicide as a cry for help, but they hope and expect someone to find and save them so they can get the help they need.

Okay, whatever, let's just move on.

I have some strong opinions regarding suicide so this is just going to turn into a flame war.

My god I wish I had a camera to take a picture of that funny sign I saw the other day, I would insert it here.

^ What? Did some one quote me because I'm drunk now. :lol:

Note: Probably my last post until I'm not drunkzorzizeez. :mrgreen:

This thread is so depressing right now :no:

Yeah, we need to bring back the funny.

https://pic.armedcats.net/q/qu/quadrax/2008/05/04/lulz.jpg

Despite her shit spelling, I actually agree with her. Although only about the UK. If you can't speak English fluently then get the fuck out!

I agree as well. Although I am not a citizen in the States, I have no problems with the language and many of my friends say that despite my slight accent and the occasional use of British phrases I sound like a native speaker. And I really get annoyed by other international students who can't speak English AT ALL! Why the hell did they come to America in the first place? If you can't speak the language - sod off!

I agree as well. Although I am not a citizen in the States, I have no problems with the language and many of my friends say that despite my slight accent and the occasional use of British phrases I sound like a native speaker.

I've got no problem with people who have accents, as long as its fluent and fully understandable. And good on you for the British phrases! :lol: