The Gay Marriage Question Thread

The Gay Marriage Question Thread

• Nothing wrong with it. It doesn't affect me so who am I to stand in the way of others' happiness?

Votes: 130 90.9%
  • I don't really have any feelings either way.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • It's wrong because the religion I practise teaches that and so I believe it to be wrong.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I think it's wrong but I can't think of any particular reason why.

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
One opposition stance I tend to see a lot is that "in this economy, there are other things to focus on". If we've got so little time, let's just ram it through since it's the right thing to do.

Gnarl.

We are discussing the legal marriage, right? Or are we talking religious ceremony as well?

Religious groups outside the umbrella of the state shouldn't be forced to marry gay couples. The thing is, they don't have monopoly on the word "marriage" and the institution.

The CofE will have to do as they're told as they're a part of the British state, as did the Norwegian lutheran church. But the catholic church is something else.

I find it quite funny when Anglicans say that gay marriage will "degrade the institution of marriage", when their sect of Christianity exists entirely due to the want of divorce.

Still a man and a woman getting divorced. But at least the catholic church has their credentials right.

Still a man and a woman getting divorced. But at least the catholic church has their credentials right.

Yep. Too busy promoting STDs and unwanted pregnancies while turning a blind eye to child molestation.

Can't let people use condoms. Would lead to less abortions.

I am pleased by this thread's results. Wished more people here were more open minded and didn't look at gay people as freaks but as just normal people that can love and feel just like anyone else.

To whoever voted that it's wrong but with no real reason why - please go die in a fire.

Last edited:
I am not pleased any more. Either someone's serious or we got a troll in the poll.

Don't sweat it. Every set of results yields some kind of anomaly.

Well we got persons on this forum who want to, and I quote, "take a tire iron to [the] head" of their hypothetical daughter's boyfriend if they don't like his face. Thus, I am not surprised that we got people here who find gays gross.

Last edited:
Well we got persons on this forum who want to, and I quote, "take a tire iron to [the] head" of their hypothetical daughter's boyfriend if they don't like his face. Thus, I am not surprised that we got people here who find gays gross.

Who knew Neanderthals could use a keyboard?

1329697955565.jpg

Regretfully I have to say I can well believe this.

I'm actually a little curious why there are no pro-lifers in this section. Bit OT, but still.

The tire iron comment was made in a discussion started by a thankfully long-banned member regarding age difference in relationship. One forum regular offered the tire iron treatment to people of a nondescript higher age that would date his hypothetical daughter above the age of consent but below an undefined point in time that he considered adulthood.

Half your own age plus seven, that's the lowest acceptable age of your partner. The fine thing is, when you get older it gets less intrusive.

30 years old? 30 / 2 = 15. 15 + 7 = 22. If you're 30, you can be with someone who's 22.

That's what I think most people will find acceptable. Other than that, it's just age of consent that matters.

The tire iron comment was made in a discussion started by a thankfully long-banned member regarding age difference in relationship. One forum regular offered the tire iron treatment to people of a nondescript higher age that would date his hypothetical daughter above the age of consent but below an undefined point in time that he considered adulthood.

Ah, OK. Found the thread and the reference. Missed that thread at its time.

Last edited:

We also have members that thinks it's totally ok to sentence innocent people to death.