The general Massachusetts meetup thread

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Next Event: Tutto Italiano 2009 at Larz Anderson
http://www.larzanderson.org/Topics/...FID=91549&CFTOKEN=89629353&CalendarEventId=43

August 2, 2009
10:00am
Larz Anderson Museum of Transportation
15 Newton St.
Brookline, MA 02445

Join us for the largest Italian Car celebration in the Northeast. Join over 250+ exotic Italian cars, motorcycles, and a number of fascinating vendors as we host our annual Tutto Italiano celebration of Italian automotive design in conjunction with the Greater Boston YMCA and Ferrari of New England. See the New Ferrari California Spider and a host of other rare Italian exotics. Again this year, we will be drawing the winning ticket for a new Ducati 1198 motorcycle! Tickets for the raffle will be availble online soon. Please pre-register your car today. Car registration is only $35 .00. Motorcycles $10. Spectator admission is $10.00 adults, $5.00 seniors, students, children 6-12. Under 6 are free. Please email frontdesk@larzanderson.org or call (617)522-6547 to register your car today! Free street parking and $5 for VIP parking inside the museum grounds. A Breakfast and Lunch Menu will be available on the grounds provided by Euro Delights Catering and for more information visit www.eurodelights.org

Showing up:
CrazyRussian540
thevictor390
Labcoatguy

Maybe:
LeVeL
BlaRo

Who Knows:
katwalk

===========================================================

Hey Massachusetts guys.

A few of us have been talking, and think we should have a FG meetup at the Hebert Candy Mansion Crusin' night on June 4th (weather pending).

For those of you who don't know what the Crusin' night is, its a weekly show where pretty much anyone can show off their cars. Its mostly muscle cars from the 60s and 70s, but a decent number of more modern stuff show us like Mustangs. Check out pictures in these threads: 1, 2, 3, 4.
Its a pay-what-you-can event (or it was last year, haven't made it out this year yet), so you can get in for like $1 or $2.

Who's up for it?

Edit:
Probably good to post Hebert's address

575 Hartford Turnpike (Rt. 20)
Shrewsbury, MA 01545

And the website of the event hosts'
http://www.cruzzindreams.com/index.html

Potential FG Attendance
CrazyRussian540
LeVeL
The_Finn
BlaRo
thevictor390

Who Knows
katwalk

Probably Not
Labcoatguy
ja404
smib

Last edited:
Mother will be angry but I can try to go :)

I had a thought. If this meet up is at 6, that is rush hour and I will have to use the highway :cry:

nope, about 10 miles north of boston :lol:

I had a thought. If this meet up is at 6, that is rush hour and I will have to use the highway :cry:

Well, the HCM meet starts around 5 and goes till 8:00-8:30. If you can make it earlier than 6, around 5, that's fine - you might have to wait for the rest of FGers to show up, that's all.
That said, show up, pay $2 (they don't really care if you realize you don't have change... I did that first time I went), then walk around and look at the classic metal. They have some fast food on site, I believe, along with a trapload of chocolate (duh). Cars usually come and go so there is a nice flow of new vehicles going through.

edit:
btw, here are all the pics from these meets that I have online:
http://getleveled.org/gallery2/v/hcm01/
http://getleveled.org/gallery2/v/hcm02/
http://getleveled.org/gallery2/v/hcm03/
http://getleveled.org/gallery2/v/cruzdream/

Last edited:

MassPike west at 6 shouldn't be that bad. Its usually bad going east at that time. Or if you don't want to take the highway, you can try to take Rt30, or Rt20 all the way. It'd be a lot slower, but there shouldn't be any traffic. Rt9 will be hell around Natick/Framingham at the time.

after a bit of fiddling I came up with
to575HartfordTurnpikeMA01545-Google.png

Back roads are nicer when you have a slow car anyway :lol:

Last edited:
I'll change it to just a map with no streetnames. Though really if someone wanted to come kill me or something if I go to the meet they can just follow me home from there :/

after a bit of fiddling I came up with
to575HartfordTurnpikeMA01545-Google.png

Back roads are nicer when you have a slow car anyway :lol:

You live pretty close to where I worked for a summer in Peabody. Back then on the way back I would take 95 to Rt. 3, which is just before where the traffic gets really bad on 95. So I duck onto Rt. 3 and take 495 South which is crowded, but traffic still manages to flow at a steady 70mph. It's really not that bad. And Exit 24B will take you straight to Rt. 20 where Hebert's is.

Of course, if you want to take back roads and get held up by some fellow Masshole doing 5 under the speed limit, be my guest. ;)

rt. 3 and 495 meet at the lowell connector, I REALLY hate the lowell connector D:

Theres roadwork on 495S right now around Rt9/MassPike, so you might get bogged down in traffic.

Yea, i'll agree that Rt 3 to 495 is relatively traffic free at that time of day. You don't need to get on the Lowell Connector to go south on 495, that's only north. 62 to 111 (the route you picked) would be a nice drive too, not really much traffic.

I might possibly come, but there's a really good chance i'll be finishing up my demo derby car that day.

I'll be there, it's only a 15 minute drive up Rt. 20 for me. These shows have a little bit of everything... last year one guy had a bone stock 2005 Camry with a big stack of awards in front of it :dunno:

I'll be there, it's only a 15 minute drive up Rt. 20 for me. These shows have a little bit of everything... last year one guy had a bone stock 2005 Camry with a big stack of awards in front of it :dunno:

Yep. Nothing special about his car whatsoever. No mods, no crazy mileage, but he did somehow get 10+ trophies for that.... thing...

^ hahaha
on a similar subject, i have a medal hanging from my mirror :3

I think the guy with the Camry hybrid just takes care of it better than most people take care of their newborns. Its a DD and he doesn't have a garage and I have to admit, the car is really really spotless. I think that's really it though lol