The general Massachusetts meetup thread

That would be awesome. Shall I get a Triumph TR6? :mrgreen:

My and Victor were thinking. Probably not this year (or anytime soon), but how about we stage our own TG challenge. Granted we would have to shell out our own money, but we could set a budget, and a bunch of challenges (get friends to film it). Go up to the middle of nowhere in NH where insurance and registration could probably be avoided for the duration of a weekend (we'd still need plates). It'd be a fun time I think.

We were coming up with predictions what everyone would get.
Me - Some sort of old Audi - possibly like this http://burlington.craigslist.org/cto/1413982799.html
theVictor - Hopefully an RX7, but probably something sensible
LeVeL - a Miata
BlaRo - Honda CRX
LabCoatGuy - Jag XJS
Finn - some old Saab 900 or 9000
Katwalk (assuming shes ever allowed out of the house) - a classic Beetle
That would be very fun but I'd never get anything fun for little money especially not an old bug.
Believe me, I check for those often. Anything that could make it to NH and back would be at least $2500 and that is assuming it is like, missing all the fenders and the hood.

i would be down but i am gonna get some sort of mazda not a saab.... f saabs... f them...

Can I just use my beater? It cost me $2,500 and it's an 01 Crown Vic P.I.

Lol, to expand on my previous post. Today in my regular beetle search I found one for $575 that looks good.

Until you know something about beetles and realize the floor support ducts are MISSING not just rusted. :lol: Yeah that car is held together by it's roof at this point, real safe.

Safe to crash no, but I'd like one that doesn't fold in half when I'm driving it D:

If I am buying a bug I would like it repairable for future use :p

unfortunately all my school stuff is due soon I will have no time for fun.

I'll be in boston on sat but sadly have other plans with friends that are not petrol heads so chances are i will have to miss it...

I'm still in Pittsburgh. So I'm out.

I've gone with family the last few years, no plans so far but I might show up.

Someone else from Shrewsbury!!!!

:wave:

The Shrewsbury/Worcester/Auburn area is getting a lot of representation here. There are 6 of us now if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Someone else from Shrewsbury!!!!

:wave:

The Shrewsbury/Worcester/Auburn area is getting a lot of representation here. There are 6 of us now if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, I am surprised.

I am real close to the center of town (could ride my bike there).

I work in Westborough too so the 8 mile commute is awesome when there isn't a blizzard outside, :lol:

It took me 1 hour to get to work today, :cry:

Route 9 was horrible.

It took me 2.5 hours (Auburn -> Littleton).

But I still love driving in snow.