The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Woah! I've had some similar close calls.. But not at that sort of speed. Though riding like a tit, very good reactions!

Had the first ride of the season on the GSR today! SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

I wish.

Well, I finally got to ride my interceptor. Initial impression was that this thing will be epic fun once I fix the gas and oil leaks and rebuild the front calipers.

Still though, I am now ruined for life, there is no way Im getting rid of this thing :D

That's how I felt after riding my VFR.

Spectre let me take the Nighthawk 700S around the industrial park where the shop is.

Yeah, I am definitely ruined for life.

And if the above didn't make it obvious, I have the 700S back together again after some extensive and unexpected maintenance. :p

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/05/stoner-to-honda-rossi-to-ducat.html

Dissatisfied with Ducati's lack of support during last season's mystery illness, Casey Stoner has reportedly accepted an offer to replace Dani Pedrosa at Repsol Honda for 2011. This obviously leaves an open seat at Ducati, which they've supposedly offered to Valentino Rossi.

The Ducati deal, which Rossi is said to have until Mugello on June 6 to consider, is apparently tailored to the world champion's unique personality. In other words, Rossi would have carte blanche at Ducati, the team would be his, he could bring Jerry Burgess and naked 12-year old boys would lie prone on the floor so Rossi's god-like feet wouldn't get cold. Rossi's contract with Yamaha runs out at the end of this season and his chief ally at Yamaha, executive engineer Masao Furusawa, is planning to retire at the same time.

Back in November, Rossi told BBC2, " Yamaha has to decide between me and Jorge for 2011." Following that statement up with, "I have a great option to join Ducati. I could change bike, ride for Ducati and try to win the world championship with an Italian bike. That would be a great motivation."

That would be all kinds of awesome!

My problem with them is not the fact that this is an annual occurrence, but that putting Rossi on the Ducati would make him unstoppable. Right now we see really good races with him doing well in the corners but Stoner powering ahead in the straights. It keeps it interesting. Putting Rossi on the Duc would pretty much end any competition for first and all the battles would be for second and third.

My problem with them is not the fact that this is an annual occurrence, but that putting Rossi on the Ducati would make him unstoppable. Right now we see really good races with him doing well in the corners but Stoner powering ahead in the straights. It keeps it interesting. Putting Rossi on the Duc would pretty much end any competition for first and all the battles would be for second and third.

I agree completely, but I imagine Ducati would be very happy to have an italian rider win the championship aboard one of their motorcycles.
In fact, I wish to see him riding a Ducati but I also wish the other teams to come up with better bikes so we can have an exciting season. :)

i'm realy digging that bike exif site! awesome stuff on there

little-sara-4-480x310.jpg

vincent_drag_bike-copy.jpg

Just sent my friend a massively long email on the basics of learning to ride a scooter. I'm worried she's got the "I just get on it and go- easy!!!" impression of learning to ride a scooter, especially with little traffic experience (she doesn't like driving as she has problems with her feet that can be hazardous if they cramp up). I sent her my usual scare tactic email, hopefully she will take my advice and not look into buying one before doing the learners course.

Do have to admit though, helping somebody buy a new bike and gear sounds like fun :lol:

Heh, it can be fun. I've been 'outfitting' CrazyJeeper recently... :D