The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Mostly it doesn't work for guys. We do understand why the ladies like Harleys, though.

Wait wait, some girls like Harleys. I get my vibration through my v-twin (or weeeee-twin, if you want). Now, to up that, it'll have to be an L-twin with the rattle of a dry clutch to complement it. :D

Wait wait, some girls like Harleys. I get my vibration through my v-twin (or weeeee-twin, if you want). Now, to up that, it'll have to be an L-twin with the rattle of a dry clutch to complement it. :D

/me refrains from poking fun at Blind_Io. :p

Seems the thread has moved on from the Harley talk, but I just have to bring it up again because they've just reached a new record of patheticness over here - they launched a radio ad that begins with "It's like sex - only longer" ... yeah, really. :rolleyes:

Given the physical state of your average Harley rider, this is probably true.

Nah, vibrations as far as bikes go. ;) C'mon, why do you think girls love the moto?

/me refrains from poking fun at Blind_Io. :p

/me refrains from pointing out that only the counterfeit substitutes to the real thing have to vibrate.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blaro/2011/03/31/motorcycle_flowchart.jpg

Q.E.D.

If this video doesn't get to you then you are dead inside.

I think there's something in my eye.

"You must spread some will to live around before giving it to Blind_Io again."

Damn, every time someone says they lost the will to live or something similar they should be forced to watch this.
Also, could I expected it to be a Honda ad. :p

Wow. A bit more proof that riding gear is worth the moneys and a bit of an oh shit moment.

Hell, I'm a walking ATGATT poster child. I got sidewiped by a truck when I was on the freeway, slid down the road with my bike on top of me and I walked away with no brain injury, no road rash, no concussion, and only two minor bone breaks due to the way I was snapped hard into the pavement. If I didn't have body armor, head to toe leather, helmet and other gear I would be either dead, drooling on myself and shitting my pants or be horribly scarred.

Just went by the Honda dealer to get some parts. They had a gray market 2009 Honda Varadero in - CJ said, finally, bike that fits him.

a6cd0806-975d-300c.jpg

a6cd0806-9787-0876.jpg

GRtak said:
Wow. A bit more proof that riding gear is worth the moneys and a bit of an oh shit moment.
Definitely. Couldn't have seen that coming.

Sort of relevant gear story: One of my coworkers was in a really nasty bike wreck several years ago. Short version is that someone ran him off the road and his Victory rolled over him. Unlike Blind, he was wearing no gear at all. Lots of broken bones, road rash and his skull was half caved in. Since then, he has somehow made a nearly complete physical recovery. And mentally he's all there. But he's almost completely lost his sense of taste and smell. And his x-rays make him look like the Terminator. He's got plates and screws from his hip up to his skull.

If he saw me so much as look at my VFR without a helmet on he'd holler at me. He'd tap the scars on his head and say, "You better throw a brain bucket on before you ride, or they'll give you one you can't take back off." If he'd just been wearing a helmet, nevermind full gear, he'd have been so much better off.

:lol: Incredible. Looks like a pretty comfortable ride too.

Last edited:
Last edited:
BBC News - Bikers ride through Wootton Bassett to pay respect for the fallen

BBC News said:
About 10,000 motorcyclists have driven through Wootton Bassett as a thanks to the town for supporting the families of soldiers killed in action.

It is the second and final Ride of Respect through the Wiltshire town as repatriation flights are moving from RAF Lyneham to Brize Norton this summer.

Each rider made a donation to the Afghan Heroes charity and it is hoped about ?130,000 will be raised.

Continues

Wooton Bassett is a small market town in rural Wiltshire near to RAF Lyneham, where the residents silently line the main street when a repatriation of the war dead pass through town.

Bikers are awesome for doing this.

:cool:

This looks promising.....

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2011/04/05/Garage_cleaned.jpg

Over the past two days I got the garage cleaned and organized; reassembled, filled, and bled the coolant system; and started reassembling the body work. I also helped Tiff get her oil changed and her chain cleaned and lubed.

Next I need to ride the bike up to Trackstar to see if they have any luck tracking down this electrical bug that's been screwing up my running light.