The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Yep (from Saturday).

Aww, that's awesome! We got hit with two storms this week, and it's groppeling like hell outside. :mutters:

EDIT:
https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sh/shad/2011/04/07/DSC01121.jpg

More wasted money useless toys gear for me. :D

Basically my (belated) birthday present, and I got it for 30? off. :)

Ooh, A* T-Dyno jacket - I love mine since it's so comfy.

Last edited:
Yeah, it feels really nice and comfortable for everday use, much better than my more "hardcore" leather jacket. It's the new waterproof version, btw. :)

:blink:
What track is that?

Last edited:
Is that a 919 with a Goldwing fairing?

The original GL1100 fairings were patterned after the Vetter Windjammer - which is what that is.
And no, that's not my 919. :p

Vetter Windjammer, actually. And mother of God: :shock2:

^That 919 with the windjammer would make quite the sleeper bike. Imagine some squid rolling up next to you on their R6 and laughing at your bike, only to be smoked off the line.

In other news (from the latest purchase thread) :

Gonna install it this weekend hopefully....

5598910989_e0dbe23163_z.jpg

They're for the VT500.

I'm marinating them right now. :wicked:

Last edited:
Hey, at leaet the 919 is color-coordinated. Unlike most of the Craigslist specials I see where the line of reasoning must have been: "I have this mildly cacktastic mid-70s/80s UJM, let's throw a Windjammer fairing on it and call it a touring bike! Even though it needs a carb rebuild and a whole WWII-bomber-at-the-bottom-of-Lake-Toplitz's worth of rust in the gas tank, and can't make it halfway down the block before spouting enough blue smoke to put the entire neighborhood on the no-fly list!"

Oh, now you are just being mean. You know damn well that I owned three Magnas, including two of the last generation. We need a Carbage thread for bikes.

Oh, and I put half a bottle of Seafoam in the tank, fired it up, and went on a loooong ride...

scaled.php