The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

So... I have a BMW F800S as a courtesy bike from the garage that takes care of my bike.

Verdict: It's very light and thus, nimble. And that's the only positive thing I have to say about it. Maybe because I can't really ride it comfortably because it's too small for me, so I can't even use the lightness in any meaningful way. The engine is totally unsofisticated, really frustrating. The sound is shit. And because of the limited steer angle, shunting it around is annoying.

Hmm, Adamar will be interested to read this as he's currently looking into one of those (amongst others). Do you have any idea how it compares to a Tiger 800?

:(

Do you have any idea how it compares to a Tiger 800?
No, I haven't ridden a Tiger yet.

@Adamar: Try out the bike for yourself. If the seating position suits you better then me, I imagine it's a quite different experience. That doesn't change the engine, though. ;)

I'm a small guy, so i propably have to go for the F700GS or maybe the F800R.

One of the next weekends i'll make an apointment for a testride. This weekend we're going for the Tiger 800.

Unforunately the engine in the 800GS is the same as in the F700GS and F800R, just a different engine map.

And I'm going for a spin with a Bonneville this weekend. I would have preferred a Scrambler but they don't have one available. I don't think I'd ever buy one, but I'm curious as to how it rides and handles.

Today I changed the oil in the WR, added some air in the tires, and went for my first ride of the year.

It was just a short one, cut even shorter when I realised I had forgotten my wallet at home (with my drivers licence and the registration paper for the motorcycle), but still,

1254172884282.jpg

I actually got a speeding ticket in the mail (? 25, so no biggie). I have no idea how they got my plate, with only a front picture...

I take the motorcycle safety course tomorrow.

Just bought some super fancy super trendy Rev'It Lombard jeans because I'm a badass hipster biker.

They fit so well, it's like angels are gently cupping my balls.

- - - Updated - - -

Also:

custom-bmw-r-ninet-625x416.jpg

custom-bmw-r-ninet-1-625x416.jpg

custom-bmw-r-ninet-3-625x416.jpg

custom-bmw-r-ninet-5-625x416.jpg

"It?s impossible to pigeonhole the work of David Borras and his crew on the Galician coast, but they?re calling this bike a 'B?s?zoku-Chopper-Racer,' a nod to the most outrageous of all the Japanese moto subcultures. The look is raw and mechanical and like nothing that has gone before...If there was ever a motorcycling equivalent of a short, sharp shock, this is it." - BikeEXIF

"BMW gave these retards a brand new bike to customize, and what resulted is similar to the last time Germans supported awful people in Spain. This bike started out as a brand new motorcycle. Now it looks like a shopping cart fucked a catfish." - Bullshit Hipster Bike Videos

:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

That video...
The chicken...
Why?
:|:no:

Hispter bike videos is awesome! :lol:

Why did they chop up a shopping cart and weld it on a motorcycle??? :blink::?

Because Bullshit Hispter Bike Shop.

Did a testdrive with a Tiger Explorer today. I love my Tiger 800, but I really need that kind of power in my life. Too bad is costs as much as a small car and is totally unfit for city traffic/filtering. :(

As a side note, I often max out my handlebars against the stop when I'm doing manoeuvres. But on the Explorer it turns out my arms are too short to turn the bars over that far. :D
But after having ridden the Tiger Explorer I'm now really eager to test drive a 1200GS. About the same power, but I hear it's much more manoeuvrable due to the shorter wheel base.

Last edited: