The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

No, don't think I can have it now. My girlfriend wanted me to save up for a house instead :(

I need to bring her around and have a ride on it to convince her

You need a new girlfriend. :D

You need a new girlfriend. :D

Spectre speaks the painful truth.

My girlfriend told me to buy a bike. Not a lot of arm-twisting there. We're saving up for the house now. It's easier to do when you've tripled the fuel mileage of your commuter vehicle.

Haha, thanks guys.

She doesn't want 2 bikes and a car. Maybe I push forward the financing idea which would make it more feasible and also the "winding through the southern Italy" on a guzzi" :p

I don't have the experience to weigh in on relationships like that, but this is the way I see it. A relationship is a two-way road, and when you tie the knot you can't always have everything you want. However, if the woman you love is ready to bring the entire relationship down to what vehicles you own, and make that the center of everything that is wrong, then she isn't worth having.

I have started to work on my Buell myself and it is surprisingly easy. The bike is much more reliable now that the dealership doesn't touch it. Who would have thought? :rolleyes:

My girlfriend is terrified that when I get a motorcycle I'll die, but for some reason she'd rather me have a bike over the '77 Firebird I almost bought.

My girlfriend is terrified that when I get a motorcycle I'll die, but for some reason she'd rather me have a bike over the '77 Firebird I almost bought.
You should get both. Old F-bodies are awesome winter cars :lol:.

I've never dated a girl who had a problem with me working on cars or riding motorcycles. Mostly because I wouldn't start to date a girl who didn't like (or at least tolerate) that stuff in the first place.

I might have to sell the gixxer..
2057_sobbing.gif
It looks like i'm going back to school!

Yay, I now have roughly half of the money saved up so I will be able to buy a motorcycle. Hopefully I will be buying around January. :dance:

Just passed my motorcycle theory test which is nice! 47 out of 50 and 66 out of 75 on hazard perception.. piece o'cake.

Just passed my motorcycle theory test which is nice! 47 out of 50 and 66 out of 75 on hazard perception.. piece o'cake.

:cheers: Congrats!!

Cheers :cheers:

^You wanna buy my Gixxer? :p

Maybe.. :think:

Was just at the motorbike shop actually looking around and drooling.. Sat on several bikes.. well frustrated i couldn't ride any.. :sad:

Noted that the CBR600RR feels really damn light compared to the other 600's.. :blink:

Was just at the motorbike shop actually looking around and drooling.. Sat on several bikes.. well frustrated i couldn't ride any.. :sad:

Noted that the CBR600RR feels really damn light compared to the other 600's.. :blink:

That's because the center of gravity is lower than the other 600s. Honda's pretty good about paying attention to that, ever since the first Goldwing 1000 - which "felt" like a 750 of the day.

Either take the food back home with me, or take off the helmet and sit down for a little bit. I don't try to eat through the helmet. :D

I have one of those "flipup" helmets.. But i still wouldn't eat with it on...

Found these videos on YouTube. They are from a show called "Twist the Throttle." It shows an inside look of the bike factories like Honda, Suzuki, Bimota, Ducati etc. It's pretty good for knowledge but not so good for entertainment. And the host/narrator keeps saying Twist the Throttle over and over. Still it's worth watching.

Here's the link the the shows(embedding is disabled).
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7A4036A19F2945B9

Really? The Suzuki GSX-R 600 feels even lighter to me. Now that I think of it the older GSX-1000 felt lighter than the CBR600RR as well.

Last edited: