The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
@Blind_Io the versys, the 300R and the MT-03 look just the business. we'll see. This is long term.

Also on the first bike talk...the one that seems to be the default honda now locally, meet the NAVI!

It's a 110cc, 70" long, 232lb bike...scooter thing that's kinda like a cheap grom. Cheap as in, 10" wheels, carburated and with drum brakes only. It's only redeeming feature is that it's twist-and-go and cheap as fuck.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
You would think that wouldn't you. Navi is actually locked out for most of the fight with Ganon which meant you can't Z-Target him.

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
I pass a Benelli dealership on my way to the supermarket and they have a few TNT 125's for sale...the asking price of 3K Euros for a brand new bike is tempting, but I would probably look ridiculous riding it with my 6'1" frame...
1605355452523.png

Hok

Car(s)
VW Passat GT V6 -09
TFL Bike spent $2k on a Chinese bike. Here is the unboxing video.

Will be interesting to see them assemble it and ride it.

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
DONOR
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
Ran into my first thankfully minor issue already. The seat lock wouldn't work. Couldn't turn it. I thought it would have to be checked by the dealer, but it turns out that an electrical connection had gotten lodged between the battery compartment wall and the lock barrel, so the mechanism didn't have the space to rotate. Pried the connection out of that jam and the lock now rotates correctly.

How did I get the seat off to discover this? The pillion seat can be pulled off without working the lock. From a quick google, it seems to be a common issue with new Dukes. Remedies vary from working the mechanism to break it in, to reworking the pin/latch to get it to catch properly. I can hear the latch engage when I push the pillion seat down, but nevertheless I can pull it back off without touching the lock.
KTM-buy.jpeg

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
DONOR
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
I pass a Benelli dealership on my way to the supermarket and they have a few TNT 125's for sale...the asking price of 3K Euros for a brand new bike is tempting, but I would probably look ridiculous riding it with my 6'1" frame...
View attachment 3559106
Go and test, if the place is nearby. Also, photo proof needed. :mrgreen:

PelicanHazard

Car(s)
'13 Dart 1.4T mtx, '03 Ranger, '20 KTM 390 Duke
Weather's now uneven enough here that the bike is put away for the season.

Ran through a tank and about 120 miles. Quite enjoyable. Already looking at adding some cargo to it.