The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

BikeBandit's pricing isn't actually all that great. I get better pricing at my local indie motorcycle shop and that's before my discount.

Yeah, sorry, that's what I was trying to say: bikebandit's prices definitely aren't that good. But it's pretty useful for some hard to find parts (you'll just have to pay an arm and a leg for it :( )

Well, that's why I ride Hondas (among other reasons) - you can get parts damn near anywhere and there are many discounters. :D

Hehe, you and Blind both! You guys can also get Honda motorcycle parts from the Honda car dealer too! So jealous!

Though I'm pretty lucky myself that I can pretty much build a FrankenNinja from parts on eBay (the only thing I have to watch for when they say slightly used ;) ).

I'm really toying around with idea of dressing up my EX250 as a FrankenNinja for Halloween one of these days (they can double as track fairings! :D).

Last edited:
It's 'worse' than that.

We can order Honda motorcycle parts at the Honda lawnmower dealerships. And yes, that includes Home Depot (but good luck finding someone there smart enough to work the computer to get that to happen). :D Gotta love competent parts-bin engineering. :D

Last edited:
*thuds*

:| :cry: That's so beautiful...

*goes to look at an F4i as a next bike*

I suppose it works for Kawasakis too, if you ever happen to find yourself at the Kawasaki shipyard in Kobe or in need of parts for your Kawasaki OH-1 light reconnaissance helicopter.

Other F650 owners have other ideas, such as supplementary lights: http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/AftermarketLightsFAQ.htm

Nice ideas there, although I don't think such add ons would go down too well with the guys at the T?V. I will however try to sand the original cover, once I have a bit of time on my hands.

Oh, if you end up wanting to replace your mirrors with OEM parts (or if you need any other OEM stuff), check out http://www.bikebandit.com/1997-bmw-motorcycle-f650st/o/m21 . Bikebandit tends to have a lot of things, but the prices makes up in terms of convenience...

Nevermind that that's an US site, but they want 53$ a piece! :eek:

At the bottom of the page there's a guy wo said he had down what I thought of - simply replacing the glass in the mirror. I'll have to see if I can a glazier's shop that would do the same. :think:

Nice ideas there, although I don't think such add ons would go down too well with the guys at the T?V. I will however try to sand the original cover, once I have a bit of time on my hands.

Well, you might want to ask, anyway.

At the bottom of the page there's a guy wo said he had down what I thought of - simply replacing the glass in the mirror. I'll have to see if I can a glazier's shop that would do the same. :think:

Fit 10mm mirrors and be done with them. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...1968713QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOND...0408942QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Nevermind that that's an US site, but they want 53$ a piece! :eek:

Yup, an arm and a leg and maybe a piece of your firstborn. :( But yeah, let us know how it works out- hopefully you'll be able to replace just the glass.

I suppose it works for Kawasakis too, if you ever happen to find yourself at the Kawasaki shipyard in Kobe or in need of parts for your Kawasaki OH-1 light reconnaissance helicopter.

:lol:

Oh Oh Oh! Kobe!! Sorry, Kawasaki fangirl. After seeing Twist the Throttle, it's really interesting to see how the Japanese manufacturers assemble their bikes and what failsafes they use to ensure their quality.

Of course, come to think of it, the dream vacation would include visiting Italy's Motor Valley too. *drools*

Last edited:
After seeing Twist the Throttle, it's really interesting to see how the Japanese manufacturers assemble their bikes and what failsafes they use to ensure their quality.

Thanks, now I'll spend my whole night watching that.

After seeing Twist the Throttle, it's really interesting to see how the Japanese manufacturers assemble their bikes and what failsafes they use to ensure their quality.

Of course, come to think of it, the dream vacation would include visiting Italy's Motor Valley too. *drools*

Gah, anyone got a torrent for that?

Gargh Blind's searched for it and found nothing on his usual sites. I just have the series recorded on the DVR.

The closest I found from google search is from torrentreactor.net (apparently, it's AVG approved... sorry, I don't work with torrents that much :blush:):

http://www.torrentreactor.net/find/twist-the-throttle

Also, another moto show from National Geographic that's good is Motorcycle Crash Tech. It goes into detail with the companies Alpinestars, Nolan, and Brembo.

http://www.torrentreactor.net/search.php?words=motorcycle+crash+tech&search=&x=0&y=0

If anybody's found a better torrent, definitely let us know. I'd love an electronic copy.

Last edited:
Hm, I don't know how to rip it off from the DVR, but Blind says he could try if he gets instructions. (I'm relating his words as he's currently watching NCIS and drooling over Cote de Pablo. :lol:)

Also, if it helps, the DVR's at my place, and Blind's desktop is at his.

Had the most epic motorcycle-related weekend :D

- went to Deus Ex machina (the custom bikes shop in Sydney) for their 10th birthday celebrations, got to see a heap of restored vintage bikes, got an awesome T-shirt (for christmas, so I can't wear it yet) and I met Charley Boorman! (yes, i am a big LWR/LWD fan, and he is pretty sure they will be doing another one)
- went to the Sydney motorbike show- got draggin jeans (for christmas again), sat on a Honda VTR 250 (the new one- I am in love <3), got some sunnies to go under my helmet and just saw some awesome bikes in general. Was a really great day and was only dampened by the over 40C heat.

Kind of reminds me that I should book my learners test soon :lol:

and I met Charley Boorman! (yes, i am a big LWR/LWD fan, and he is pretty sure they will be doing another one)

Pretty cool how you got to meet Charley Boorman. I think the next big trip they're planning is probably gonna be South America. I wonder if they'll have to cross The Darien Gap...

I found "twist the throttle" on RU...

^ so did my parents on Discovery Turbo Max (for Aussies who have foxtel). Ducati was on last night, dad enjoyed that ep.
Question to all americans though, do you all pronounce "Ducati" like Du-car-ti (with the a sounding like the letter r)? They did it on this show last night and on American Chopper (sorry). We pronounce it Du-cat-i (short a in the middle) over here and until recently that was the only way I had ever heard it said. I'm confused.

Forgot about this last night, saw a Triumph (didn't check what type) parked outside the motorbike show and coolant was absolutely spewing out of it onto the road. My dad thinks that somebody vandalised it somehow- why would somebody do that? it was a really nice bike too, looked so expensive. It wasn't there when we left, so they got it out of there somehow.