The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

desperate for money? or thinking their fans are total tools who'd buy anything with their name on?

i'ld go for the latter one

So they want people to say "Aw man, my KTM's toast!" or what?

h?ve you ever heared someone say that?

Last edited:
hey fellas and ladies...anyone here ridden a Yamaha MT-01 not the newest bike on the planet but mental none the less. Was just curious to know what its like (cant go test ride one because im still on a restricted licence)

So, the day I have been waiting for has come, the Interceptor runs, and no fuel leaks. It does however, need to have the fuel turned on to start, which it only took me an hour or so to realize. Once I did turn the fuel on, it fired right up.

So, the day I have been waiting for has come, the Interceptor runs, and no fuel leaks. It does however, need to have the fuel turned on to start, which it only took me an hour or so to realize. Once I did turn the fuel on, it fired right up.

That reminds me of a story- erm, someone here *cough*Blind_Io*cough* ran out his battery once trying to start the bike (this is when he first started to ride, by the way). The kill switch was off. :)

It's okay though. I found out that my front tire definitely needs to be replaced asap - the psi was like 6 or 7 last night. Good thing the new Contis are arriving via UPS tomorrow. :D

Last edited:
Yeah, the way I see it, is after that, I will never forget to turn the fuel on again. :lol:

First week ever riding motorcycles. Change down a gear and twist the throttle to overtake a car and that actually decreases my speed. After a few minutes I realize I ?ve been riding with the choke ON for the last 10 minutes. *facepalm*

Ahh.. WELL. Once, my bike wouldn't turn over.. but it definitely had battery, so after fault finding the starter switch and cut off switch, the starter motor solenoid valve and panicking a bit. Turns out i accidentaly knocked it out of neutral while the stand was down.<_<

Then there's forgetting to switch your fuel back on from reserve after filling up.

"Oh, I'd better just switch to reser.... whaaaaa!?"

I did that 1 or 2 times, but luckily it was always after riding only 20-30km after filling up.

Anyone who has ever riden has done that.

Dunno whether this was posted anywhere else, but I just discovered it...

BMW's cool idea...
[video=youtube;-cM9S2AzU28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cM9S2AzU28&feature=player_embedded[/video]

... and Aprilia's response:

:lol:

Reactions: Jon
:lol:

I'd much rather have an RSV4 anyways. It sounds suspiciously like my interceptor too...

My personal favorite is sitting next to mate at the traffic lights, and as the lights are about to go green, reach over and flick his kill switch. You can hear the cursing for miles..... teehee

Taking off your V-max's stock 4 mufflers, fitting a Y pipe and hanging a short SuperTrapp muffler on each side results in the WORST exhaust note known to man. Just thought I'd share this bit of annoyance that was inflicted on me today. :p

Last edited: