The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Thanks for that (belatedly). Going to try what the Shoei site suggests (bit of liquid soap n warm water and then microfibre) first, but that's my next option, so thankyou again! :)

I was going to say dishwashing liquid.

Good to hear you're OK CJ, hoping you a speedy recovery.

Blind, I thought the same thing looking at that pic. lol.

Hold off on sending that clutch master, Spectre.
Just got some bad news about that 650 nighthawk. Turns out, paperwork was so messed up, that it was no way it could be registered, unless I was able to jump through some hoops, involving forms, lots of fees, and cooperation from the guy selling the bike (which wasn't going to happen.) So I'm gonna have to pass on this one, but I am still keeping my eye out for an old Honda to fix up.
Cheap bikes should be available soon, with the cold weather coming in, and people looking to get rid of their bikes, I should be able to find a reasonably priced old Honda in need of some TLC.

I just got back from my appointment with the surgeon and I do not require any surgery. I will have a short cast for 4 weeks and a splint for 2 weeks. He did not even set it.

I just got back from my appointment with the surgeon and I do not require any surgery. I will have a short cast for 4 weeks and a splint for 2 weeks. He did not even set it.

That is awesome! You think, if you get a chance you could get a few pics of your gear, so we can see how it held up? Only if it's not too much for you.:D

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/ka/karoug/2010/09/24/suzuki-gsxr-1000-extreme-graphic-img12.jpg
Massive amounts of WANT!!!

That is awesome! You think, if you get a chance you could get a few pics of your gear, so we can see how it held up? Only if it's not too much for you.:D

Sorry this took so long, but after careful inspection, the only real damage to any of my gear are these scuffs on my boots. The helmet has a few inconsequential scratches, but I will be replacing it as it feels looser on my head which means the energy absorbing stuff did its job.

Good to see that all your equipment did it's stuff.

Also, this is incredibly hot. Despite not wearing appropriate riding gear, this was well :woot:
17ddc1b7.jpg

Good, news On the Nighthawk! Turns out I found a way to legitimately register the Nighthawk. So I pulled the trigger, and brought it home today!

5024646678_5b95e859d1_z.jpg

Congrats! :thumbsup:

Looks like a good specimen. Be sure to keep us posted on your progress.

Nevermind the gear, but not even a helmet? :blink:

Surprisingly common around here. It is perfectly legal to ride without a helmet, stupid as it may be. I wouldn't be surprised if half of all riders don't have helmets on, and an even smaller percentage have full face.

Last edited:
Cool, congrats on the Nighthawk!

Well, I finally went on a group ride (it's been a while) - the colors are changing (I think I can get used to this seasons thing) ...

2efqla0.jpg

Also, this is incredibly hot. Despite not wearing appropriate riding gear, this was well :woot:
So when I take my cute-chick-coworker for a ride, I should get pics? She's about the same size as me, so there's a decent chance my gear will fit her. I'm planning on having multiple sets of gear eventually, anyway, so she could wear one set while I wear the other. Hehehehe :)

Yes, I know, gear covers all the cute bits, too. Oh well, too bad. :p

Last edited:
So when I take my cute-chick-coworker for a ride, I should get pics? She's about the same size as me, so there's a decent chance my gear will fit her. I'm planning on having multiple sets of gear eventually, anyway, so she could wear one set while I wear the other. Hehehehe :)

Yes, I know, gear covers all the cute bits, too. Oh well, too bad. :p

You needed to ask? No one said anything about post ride sans-gear posing or Stigette style bikini and helmet :p

I was going to say dishwashing liquid.

Going to try that on my sunglasses- stopped today and they fogged up horrendously, to the point where I was struggling to get my visor open just to see :blink:

Good little quick ride today- I have gone from being terrified of cornering tight to loving it!!!!! Have to work on turning from a stop (eg pulling out from a T-intersection), but otherwise I'm a happy little scooter-er.

Took the lining out of my winter (and only) jacket though, and found that it isn't that good as far as ventilation and such goes (have known that for a while though). Is it worth investing in a summer jacket, considering that today was pretty mild by most standards? If I get one, 99% sure it will be a Motodry "Le Chic", the summer version of my "La Belle" winter jacket which I love otherwise. nope, that's on the way out. New one called a "Venice", which looks nice too. If anybody knows of any better (but not too expensive) jackets, feel free to recommend them :)

And PS- riding to the beach if you are going to go swimming is never fun IMO- your gear sticks to you really badly afterwards and it's not comfortable at all! :lol:
(Would also like to point out those girls in that photo are idiots- bet you will look real hot next summer with legs covered in scars from serious gravel rash... :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
If I don't get the bike out this weekend, people are going to die!