The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Last night I watched those videos right before going to bed. I had a dream that I was in a city covered in snow and traffic was creeping, people were smashing into each other, etc. For some reason I was tearing around town on a motorcycle, hanging the back end out and using stuck cars as slalom gates.

I sold my VF500F today. This is the only piece I have left of it.

It was a fun ride.

waiting for someone to make a thread like:

"i bought a VF500F today! only part i'm missing is this"
12232010830.jpg

:D

That... and some straight forks... and an uncracked fairing... and an intact belly pan.... :p

The bad news for you is that he's built one Honda, wrecked it, built another and is busily riding that one around, all in less time than it's taken you to paint the tank on your Honda, let alone assemble it. :p :tease: :mrgreen: So he's still ahead of you. :D

I giveth, I taketh away. It wasn't in good shape at all when I got it. It was still better now then it was when I first got it. The list of stuff to fix is a lot shorter now than it was when I was putting it together. And, in typical Honda fashion, it started after spending 4 months sitting in my garage without even having the battery on a charger.

Aprilia SR50 2001

Aprilia SR50 2001

Does this count?
39903_1479521839586_1579980058_1160335_480970_n.jpg

Picked it up last summer for $600, the owner thought it was an expensive fix since the engine didn't stay running for long (Choke wire), brakes (Forgot which, but there was literally no brake fluid), and reattaching one of the signals (Hanging loose.) Tabs were also an issue, but boy, was it quick (Kind of bested my other 50cc scooter) for a little scooter.

Hey, It's two-wheeled motorized transport.

Aprilia really made some impressive 50cc scoots. Enjoy it and ride safe! That one have those two massive front brake rotors by any chance?

HEY MANLY MEN!

ARE YOU A MANLY MASCULINE HETERO TOTALLY NOT GAY MANLY MAN MAN? IF YOU HAVE TESTOSTERONE PRACTICALLY EJACULATING OUT OF YOUR MANLY NOSTRILS, THEN YOU SHOULD TOTALLY RIDE AN APRILIA, CUZ THAT'S WHAT REAL MEN LIKE YOU AND ME RIDE. CUZ OUR BALLS SWING BELOW OUR KNEES AND WE HAVE TO STOW THEM UNDER THE SEAT NEXT TO THE BATTERY BOX. MANLY MAN MAN MEN MAN TOTALLY NOT GAY AT ALL WHATSOEVER MANLY TESTOSTERONE YEAH!

Last edited:
HEY MANLY MEN!

ARE YOU A MANLY MASCULINE HETERO TOTALLY NOT GAY MANLY MAN MAN? IF YOU HAVE TESTOSTERONE PRACTICALLY EJACULATING OUT OF YOUR MANLY NOSTRILS, THEN YOU SHOULD TOTALLY RIDE AN APRILIA, CUZ THAT'S WHAT REAL MEN LIKE YOU AND ME RIDE. CUZ OUR BALLS SWING BELOW OUR KNEES AND WE HAVE TO STOW THEM UNDER THE SEAT NEXT TO THE BATTERY BOX. MANLY MAN MAN MEN MAN TOTALLY NOT GAY AT ALL WHATSOEVER MANLY TESTOSTERONE YEAH!

I concur:

http://img402.imageshack.**/img402/176/img6879e.jpg

Alas, the bike slipped on said ejaculated testosterone, but not before nailing some pussy deer that was unfortunate enough to get in the way of my hurtling mass of manliness:

http://img440.imageshack.**/img440/5029/dsc04740f.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.**/img413/4281/dsc04754pr.jpg
http://img28.imageshack.**/img28/7504/dsc04761f.jpg
http://img196.imageshack.**/img196/381/dsc04748w.jpg

that sucks

but now you can make it into a naked!!

I'm going to go against the grain and say that something with a tank shape like that tends to look a lot better with the associated bodywork. A lot of the formerly fully faired naked sport bikes that have tanks like that tend to look like they have some sort of growth on their back.

Sucks about the crash, it is not a fun activity. ;)

So my father is now thinking about getting a bike himself. He's never really ridden before. Today he showed me this craigslist ad for an '87 Shadow 700. I don't really know much about the later model 700's, can't imagine they'd be much different than my 500.

The seller also posted a vid of the bike running.

I kinda am hoping my dad gets a bike. Then he'll understand why I always want to ride mine.

I was almost in the exact opposite case, my father had been riding bikes since he was six years old, and even now at age 49 he still rides. Numerous trips across the east coast from New Hampshire to Florida on a Norton Commando 750, all over New England and Southern Canada on a '76 Kawasaki KH400 triple, and all over the country on a Honda Valkyrie (Kind of like a "naked Goldwing"). It was only a matter of time before I got on a bike myself. Although I can't stand his new bike (Hardcore Japanese bike and Norton guy got himself a freaking Harley cruiser), it'll be nice to go out on rides with him now that I have my Triple back on the road.

Hopefully your dad gets a bike. Like many other things in this world, they are a lot of fun when respected and used responsibly.

Damn it. Right when I'm trying to sell the bike, too.
*snip*

My Saturn was fine until I put it on Craigslist, then the $400-$600 windshield cracked. Still swear to this day that never would have happened until I tried to sell it. Surprisingly, I have gone about four years, 30,000+ miles in own cars, even more in work vehicles and 15,000+ miles on motorcycles without having a tire puncture.

Now please excuse me while I find some wood to knock on...