The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Wow, I really like that 919. I hate how stupid I was getting myself into this ridiculous car loan. I could have awesome!

If that wasn't eight hours away from me I'd fight you for it. No joke, see, this is my serious face: :|

That's generally considered a bad idea, you know. :p

Here are some others you can try. Might be a bit closer to you; you missed the cheap 2002 in Missouri that I mentioned in Random Thoughts.

Some that might be closer to you:
http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/mcy/2242013025.html
http://carbondale.craigslist.org/mcy/2229703692.html
http://lexington.craigslist.org/mcy/2197747056.html

You'd fight Spectre? Brave man!
That's generally considered a bad idea, you know. :p
There are worse ways to go than dying in an epic battle for a cheap, somewhat common motorcycle.

:think: ... Wait a minute.

As fun as it is to think about, I doubt I'll spend the cash on another bike soon. The VFR has been a great bike despite all the abuse I've given it. Here in the next couple weeks it's getting caught up on maintenance and I might finally axe the factory headlight/gauge cluster. And I've got to do something different with the paint.

^^ some good words about the VFR800, the best bike between sport and touring :)
Here is mine in French Alps in november 2010 :cool:

http://img156.imageshack.**/img156/5738/14866317003566302359410.jpg

Wow, I really like that 919. I hate how stupid I was getting myself into this ridiculous car loan. I could have awesome!

Now you know why I hate getting stuck with car loans. My entire fleet is paid-for; very few cars are worth getting a loan on (at least to me), whereas even with new bikes a loan usually ends up being rather short term.

That said, I was going to finance a CB1000R this year, but unfortunately a sober assessment of my clients' economic condition tells me that this is a bad idea and that I should wait a while for things to pick up before I try that - just to be on the safe side. In the meantime - looking at 919s. :D

Edit: Looks like I might just be picking up that 919 for $1600. The seller agreed to that price, just gotta work out the details.

Oh awesome! I sat on a 599 before, and it was so comfortable... If the 919 is anything like its younger brother, it's the perfect riding position and swiss army knife for a lot of situations.

Nice Spectre!

Can't wait to see what you're gonna do for mods on this thing.

I'm gonna guess that the first things on the agenda after fixing it up will be LEDs and a scottoiler, right?:D

Nice Spectre!

Can't wait to see what you're gonna do for mods on this thing.

I'm gonna guess that the first things on the agenda after fixing it up will be LEDs and a scottoiler, right?:D

LEDs, a Scottoiler or similar (damn you chain drive), and possibly an HID upgrade. The 4300k unit on the 700 has really spoiled me. It's literally been a night-and-day improvement.

Other improvements would possibly include some Hel brake lines, but the very first order of business after repairs is to locate and install a Hondaline flyscreen.

Last edited:
Ever want to feel totally inadequate as a man and as a rider? Too bad, because you will after watching this.

What's really weird is that Japan produces tons of riders that good at gymkhana, but for some reason that skill and control don't translate well to MotoGP or WSB.

It's one thing to slam a bike from one side to the other at 10 mph and another to dive into a corner at 180 mph in the middle of a pack while one guy is leaning on you.

It's one thing to slam a bike from one side to the other at 10 mph and another to dive into a corner at 180 mph in the middle of a pack while one guy is leaning on you.

That's true, but they don't even solo-test well for some reason. The only active Japanese rider that I can think of that does even remotely well is Haga.

Balls as hard as ice!

Edit, speaking of 919s... :(

big_hornet_new_york.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like that Hornet/919 got snowned and is probably going to be there until someone chips it out or until spring thaw comes.

Don't worry, mine is unlikely to encounter that problem. :)

Meh, my Yamaha was buried with two feet of snow on top of it in Syracuse. I dug it out, fired it right up and went off.

Well, it looks like the 919 will be here shortly. The seller agreed to my price and is taking my deposit tonight with the remainder to be paid when I come back with a truck and pick it up Friday or Saturday.

:thumbsup: