The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Somehow manage to acquire and install a Honda V5. :p

Found this beast for $2K.

It's so ugly that it's pretty.

Ha, yeah, I'll just call up HRC and see if they have any lying around I can have.

Though, don't be surprised if in the next few years I'm posing about the VF1000R I just bought.

:D

VFR?

When are you going to pick it up?

I'm going to hold out for an R1100/50 GS though.

It is tempting, but I'm doing the suspension and skid plates on the X.

That Husky scrambler with the Rotax engine, my dear lord. :drool:

Found this beast for $2K.

It's so ugly that it's pretty.

Has that been lowered? A lot? Or is it just the camera angle?

Think about it. That bike. Later single sided swing arm. Even later CBR1000RR front end. Giggity. :mrgreen:

I vote option # 2

Good choice on the GS. It would make a good winter rig.

I plan on getting a KLR myself, and fitting some studded tires on it to run year-round.

I vote option # 2

Good choice on the GS. It would make a good winter rig.

I plan on getting a KLR myself, and fitting some studded tires on it to run year-round.

I probably will still put the GS away in the winter. Winters here are pretty damn brutal with regular 20mph winds and sub zero temps. Currently it is 7F with a wind chill of -5F, and that is with only 7mph winds. I don't want to try and ride in that. :p

Option 2 is probably what will happen, since returning it to fully stock would be a crap ton of work, undoing a good amount of mods that I've done.

I think he needs some new toe sliders.

Or since that looks like an old photo based on the apparel of the people in the background, that is probably why all new racing boots have toe sliders.

Polarizing motorcycle, apparently.
I love it. :)

Agreed; I think it looks brilliant.

Actually I think it's just me. Most of the motorcycles in this thread are not to my liking, I just leave people's personal rides alone and pick on the rest. :p

What do you consider a good looking bike then?

A ZX-14? :p

Okay, I kind of like the ZX-14s looks, too. Profile-wise, it's a lot better than a 'Busa, which is just too bulbous and heavy looking for my tastes.

Speaking of love-it-or-hate-it bikes, anyone willing to spot me $19,000 for a Ducati 999R? I promise I'll let you ride it...