The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Indian's and EH's and Triumph's didn't actually work for crap, so the 750/4 was the first successful four. And it was the first transverse four, which is what most people think of.

Still doesn't make the 750 the first four. :p

Saw this at the gym parking lot:

Ah, the classic ass-end-of-a-VW-bolted-to-the-front-half-of-a-Harley trike.

Is this common in he USA too?
Sheesh, I see those occasionaly and I still can't understand the appeal.

A local company made a bunch of those:

Still horrible, but at least looks like a proper motorcycle (despite the 710lbs dry weight).

Ah, the classic ass-end-of-a-VW-bolted-to-the-front-half-of-a-Harley trike.

with a cast iron girder as frame or the thing would pop wheelies all the time...

for some weird reason, those things are quite popular around here :?
the second hand radial brakepump i bought for my quad even came from one,
the guy wanted another system that had a parkbrake

Last edited:
Is this common in he USA too?
Sheesh, I see those occasionaly and I still can't understand the appeal.

Not so common any more. They used to be everywhere in the 70s and 80s. Fortunately, many were poorly constructed and disintegrated. Some were made from *old* Beetles with magnesium-cased engines, so when the inevitable happened they self-disposed quite nicely.

Still see them occasionally, but they are definitely an endangered species.

The new cafe project. I work 7days a week and just decided to cough up the money and turn the interweb back on so..here is a pic of what i traded my ktm 125 for.

I love honda thumpers.
45315_413741612006799_890077424_n.jpg

And then my daily rig. (see my 83 ranger with the ktm? :p)
388802_413483565365937_61561769_n.jpg

One bike sold, one to go.

The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Honda confirms road going V4 sportbike in the works:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2012/September/Sep2112-honda-rc213v/

Honda has officially confirmed it will be putting a road-going version of the RC213V into production for 2014 as it tries to give a massive boost of excitement to the Honda brand.

Honda boss Takanobu Ito made the announcement on today (Friday) in Tokyo as part of a bigger speech outlining the future of the firm. The RC213V production bike being presented as a halo bike which will be hugely expensive and strictly limited in numbers.

Last edited:
^And to that, I say: "about damn time."

It's nice to see something interesting from Honda, rather than warmed-over variants of last year's bike with new stickers...

Amen.
V4s sound lovely. :D

And, of course, assuming they don't assign it an RC name, there really is only one proper series name for it, right?

vfr750-g.jpg

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=eboR87mjk-8[/video]
WTF was that about? What I see is: Lots of lots of motorcyclists riding together (not in a disciplined fashion, however, but that doesn't really matter), they come to a road block set up by the police and many of the bikers try to get away by going over the grass and then the wrong way uup the on-ramp.

Questions arise: What triggered the police to set up a roadblock in the first place? Why do the bikers (not all of them, some simply stopped) try to flee the police anyway? They don't look like the Hells Angels or something...

Try watching again, this time start at 2:00 and have a longer attention span.

I just learned of the existence of this. OHC in 1910.

1914_Cyclone_%282%29_-_The_Art_of_the_Motorcycle_-_Memphis.jpg

Try watching again, this time start at 2:00 and have a longer attention span.
That doesn't answer my questions. And yes, I did see the police cruisers ramming or trying to ram motorcycles on at least two occasions the first time I watched.

I guess you missed the police evasion and riding counter-traffic on the on-ramp.

I should do this on my next lid.