The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Here are some pictures of my "new" Hornet 900 / 919.

Its a 2004 model with 15.000km/9300miles, very good condition. It has Mivv Titanium exhaust, "mini"-indicators (which I will change back to the original) and gold painted wheels, which I think looks quite nice actually!

All original parts included.

eImg_5967.jpg

eImg_5999.jpg

eImg_5995.jpg

eImg_5988.jpg

eImg_5983.jpg

eImg_5977.jpg

eImg_5979.jpg

eImg_5976.jpg

eImg_5971.jpg

eImg_5972.jpg

eImg_5974.jpg

eImg_5968.jpg

eImg_6002.jpg

:cool:

Those black bikes are CBR`s, right ? What about the white one ? <forget the movie, it`s not award-winning...>

Those black bikes are CBR`s, right ? What about the white one ? <forget the movie, it`s not award-winning...>

They showed part of the VIN tag, which is clearly a Honda tag. Honda always puts their model codes on their VIN tags, (right after the JH2 or whatever they have to use for that bike) and that's shown as 'PC25,' which means it's a CBR600F2. Pretty sure the black ones are the Honda CBR600F4i.

This is the book to have (if you can find it) to identify any pre-2001 US Honda:
!B3oL6-w!Wk~$(KGrHqYOKnUE)5VwN!m6BMm6d1e+lg~~_3.JPG

The print run was limited and usable copies go for around $50 (down from $100+ a couple of years ago). Unused ones can go for $300 or more. Still, invaluable - and for more than just Honda spotting, too, as you can use the information to figure out what parts you can get off other bikes in the junkyard or off eBay. I bought one when they came out, it got borrowed and was not returned, and I finally scrounged another copy about five years ago at a local used book store for $20. Best $20 I've ever spent, I think.

Last edited:
Yeah, the 'dragging head' thing's been around for a few years.

Think it was last year or so that a racer had an impending low side in an event and managed to save it but not before dragging head. :p He kept riding it, though, and managed to save it.

Last edited:
At times I get the urge to upgrade my licence, find a cheap motorcycle and set off riding. Then I ask for insurance quotes and forget about it just as quick. ?3900 a year for a 32 year old driver without any history of crashes, the bike was a friends Suzuki GSX 400 FWS. Blech.

From what I heard around here Europe is a bit different than the U.S. in this regard. 250cc bikes I believe are affordable to insure.

AW: The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

AW: The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

That's quite nuts indeed. IIRC insurance for the XT is somewhere around 50-100? a year.

Is it that expensive for all bikes in Sweden?

That's quite nuts indeed. IIRC insurance for the XT is somewhere around 50-100? a year.

Is it that expensive for all bikes in Sweden?

Bikes are horribly expesive to insure here, even the 125cc ones come out at around ?1000 a year. Veteran bikes are cheaper, but then there is often a limit on how many km's you can drive in one season.

Since Winter ends in July and starts in August over there you can't put too many miles on it anyway. :p

:lol:

Its 35f degrees out. I'm riding the XR till snow sticks.
Anybody have any experience with large dual sport tires? I have a Michelin t63 on the back and its a pretty good wearing tire so far but my bike see's way more slab then dirt. Any recommendations?