The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Re: The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Vickie is used to being a pack mule. I will put the saddle bags, tail bag and tank bag on and we will have plenty of room.

I have no idea how I missed that in all my Googling for a motorcycle cruise control. I'll probably be ordering one up soon to try it out. My crampbuster was less than $10 so I don't feel bad if I end up wasting the money. I'll definitely be keeping the 'buster because it does make a nice palm rest even for city riding.

I just scored a 26 litre top box (tons of room for a full face helmet and gloves plus more) and mounting plate for $40. It says Honda on it but who cares? :p I've been wanting one for a while and was preparing to pay about $100 for a decent used one on eBay. The mounting plate will even fit on my existing Givi rack but it will look a bit funky and I'll need some longer bolts. I'm very happy!

Got a pair of TRQ-RACE OUT AIR in the January sales :thumbup:

1795151_001_F_S.png

I'll be test riding a speed demon V7 tomorrow.

So from now on we have 2 new tasks on riding lessons in PL. Slalom at 20 mph and avoiding the obstacle at 30 mph. Easy/medium or hard for beginners ?

Depends on how far apart the cones are on slalom and how big the bikes used to do it are. As for avoid the obstacle, should be easy, but you'll probably have more than a few people target fixate and ram right into it.

You'll get the hang of the slalom as you ride. At the course I took they started out wide and slowly moved them together.

In other news I rode a V7 Stone today. My quick thoughts (note I've only ridden a CB400T and a CX500C):

-The low power band is great. I twist the throttle and in no time all the roaring 40rwhp is on the road.
-The dry clutch isn't as solid feeling as previous bikes I've ridden.
-I've only ridden 30+ year old bikes so the brakes are god like to me.

moto-guzzi-v7-stone-2012_26.jpg

The vibrations weren't any worse than my CX. Having a balanced engine helps that.

I fitted some heated grips on the EX, but not without difficulty. A previous owner had warped the bar end screws so badly, even an impact screwdriver wouldn't remove them. So I had to improvise.

20121226_111919_zpse67ace1a.jpg

The grips work very well and it's really nice being able to feel my fingers, safer too.

Well, it may be slower, but it's definitely safer than those speederbikes they were issued. :p At least that thing has a chance of stopping before it plows into an enormous tree.

Well, it may be slower, but it's definitely safer than those speederbikes they were issued. :p At least that thing can slow down somewhat before they lay it down and slide into an enormous tree.

FTFY :p