The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

The retro class doesn't include the FZ-09. The lightest bikes include the Moto Guzzi V7 at 390lbs, and the Royal Enfield Continental GT at 405lbs, and then the no-California Suzuki TU250X at 325lbs.

Why don't you get a Honda Hornet 599/919. Difficult to do better when it comes to retro bikes.

That's not really retro now is it?

I think its very retro. Here is my baby..

eImg_5971.jpg

eImg_5977.jpg

eImg_5974.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe it's just becuase I'm 6'5" and 210 pounds, but I'd rather have an 80hp 550 pound bike than a 30hp 400 pound bike.

Hey! The V7 is a 50hp 400 pound bike. :p

It isn't a speed demon, but if you want lightness, looks, and can handle five and a half to sixty it is a good bike.

You're wrong. Your bike is what we call a naked sport.

Well, when the current 599/Hornet looks like this:

Hornet-1.jpg

Avanti?s bike does look a bit retro. At least to me. I much prefer the "old" design.

Hey! The V7 is a 50hp 400 pound bike. :p

It isn't a speed demon, but if you want lightness, looks, and can handle five and a half to sixty it is a good bike.

That quip was actually directed at the Royal Enfield. :p

Last edited:
:lol:

I've had both. :p

[video=youtube;-wkSePMgR0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wkSePMgR0k[/video]

My god, that thing must handle like an obese pig.

I like how he fitted it with an extra set of front brake calipers to stop that elephant. I wonder what the curb weight is?

Probably somewhere between your F-150 and my XTerra.

At first I thought they could be getting some MPG gains with the roof, but then I saw the front end and all the weight it looks like they are carrying. If I had the money, I'd make an Hyper-mile aerodynamic bike for fun.

There have been a couple attempts, one of which you might have heard of.