The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

I'm not a violent or even angry person per s?. But I do find it hard to chill the fuck out when someone tries to kill me, twice.

...What the fuck is wrong with all of you? Chill the fuck out.

Also, don't ever come driving/riding in LA. You'll kill someone and/or get killed in a matter of minutes...

Go get hit by a truck and tell me how you feel.

Go get hit by a truck and tell me how you feel.

How do you know I haven't been?

When I was about 5 a car ran straight into me while I was riding my bicycle. T-boned me. Sent me to the hospital, and then confined me to a chair hoping my legs would heal. (They did, lucky me.)

I understand your anger, all of you. But when you start angrily listing the weapons you bring along with you while you road rage, I start worrying. Don't be the people you're complaining about. :heart:

Also, I'd rather read/type about motorcycles than weapons. At least until I finally get back on mine this weekend (after a year).

I'm having a case of insanity. Planning a trip to visit some friends and family over the next few days, with Dr_Grip in Berlin being the farthest away. The planned leg on Monday is across the Harz mountains, meaning challenging, completely unknown roads, and Google Maps tells me I'll be on the road for more than six hours that day. So far, I've been riding about two hours this year.

If I am still alive on Tuesday, I'll check in here... :D

How do you know I haven't been?

When I was about 5 a car ran straight into me while I was riding my bicycle. T-boned me. Sent me to the hospital, and then confined me to a chair hoping my legs would heal. (They did, lucky me.)

I understand your anger, all of you. But when you start angrily listing the weapons you bring along with you while you road rage, I start worrying. Don't be the people you're complaining about. :heart:

Also, I'd rather read/type about motorcycles than weapons. At least until I finally get back on mine this weekend (after a year).

I carry a gun because I work with violent criminals, some of whom have a habit of going after people who make recommendations to the court. Everything else I listed is a camping tool.

Also, I have only even thought about going for a weapon twice, once was a guy pointing a loaded gun at me, the other was a guy in the ghetto thinking that the white guy was an easy mark to get 'jacked. The guy in the video used a power tool to go after property, something that I think we have all fantasized about from time to time when dealing with assholes who use their cars as weapons.

I think road rage should come with a lifetime license ban.

The most I've ever done is swear heavily at people who can't hear me. Thankfully others can hear me out of context.

You do realize that video is from Russia? Where going through the city at mach 2 in a shitty old lada is a normal thing? That said, the guy on 2 wheels(does sound like a moped) should have seen it coming, but then again it IS Russia. Logic and rules do not apply.

i just make sure there never is someone in front of me, and if there is, overtake asap, by any means possible
i don't have a problem with anyone on the road

and i really don't care how many have a problem with me...

Hopefully I'm just a soldering session and a t?v away from the start of the season. The clock on the tach tells me there is some charge left in the battery.

No luck with the button, but a decent decline and 4 or 5 rolling starts and the burble began. Got in the clothes, checked pressure in the rubbers and off to a warm up lap to get the bike nice and warm. Got a pass from the inspector, went home and ran out of gas on the little bit of motorway we have here (Westtangente). Switched to reserve, waited a bit for the traffic to clear and headed to the filling station. That was the first fillup under 25? in a long time. Now I just need to loose 20kg to fit in my newish pants.

Last edited:
After being taken out by someone changing lanes without looking, I have developed a somewhat less forgiving attitude. There have been many times I have wanted to remodel the bodywork on a car with power tools and/or military hardware.

I think you need to watch the start of that video again. You can clearly see a boom truck working there that the car had to go around. The rider would be a fool to try and pass when the car is going to have to change lanes. While I do agree the car driver was an ass for not looking properly, but the rider put himself INA bad situation.

I think I've been hanging out with the Harley guys at work too much because I'm getting an urge to buy a cruiser. Particularly this one:

Yamaha V Star 1100. I could see myself on one of these. :cool:

:clap:
Do it!

I think I've been hanging out with the Harley guys at work too much because I'm getting an urge to buy a cruiser. Particularly this one:

Yamaha V Star 1100. I could see myself on one of these. :cool:

See your medical unit right away, there are antifungals that will clear that right up. :mrgreen:

I went to go sit on that KTM 1190 adventure R. That bike is so big there's almost no way someone under 6 feet can flat foot it. For that reason alone I'm probably going to buy it as soon as possible! Tho I keep hearing stories about massive heat issues with that bike, not sure if the 2014 models fixed that.

At 6'3'' the KTM dealer guy told me I looked like a guy on a Grom riding my hyperstrada :(.

I finally was able to get a ride in this year. Only had 5.5 months of winter this year. I had to wait until april 7 last year to get the first ride in. Cue late season snowstorm.

I rode this with some friends yesterday:
Screen+Shot+2014-03-16+at+8.14.28+PM.png

They lost me in the first 5 min, but I didn't care to keep up as I like breathing. I think it was the first time I put the GS500 through its paces. It was ok, my riding could use a lot of improvement though.

Last edited:
Nice route. I've got to ride about 45 minutes just to get to some good roads :lol:

It takes me about 20-30 min to get to the 'start' point where the drop point is. That day it took me 40 min because traffic was so bad.

Must be nice. I've got to ride 300 miles to the black hills in South Dakota to get to a decent twisty road.