The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

I actually got a speeding ticket in the mail (? 25, so no biggie). I have no idea how they got my plate, with only a front picture...

Can you request a copy of the photo?

I could, but as I know the ticket is correct (I saw the flash when it happened) and I am 100% recognizable on the front picture, there is no escaping the fine anyway. It's only ?25, so I will simply pay.

Is there such a thing as a daily motorcycle-themed shirt website, ala blipshift? I need more motorcycle apparel :lol:

And all for the reasonable price of $35 per t-shirt!

Cross-posting this from Post a Picture of Yourself as I think people here will appreciate it.

:cool:

And all for the reasonable price of $35 per t-shirt!

Didn't that shirt you're wearing in that picture cost about the same? :p

Cross-posting this from Post a Picture of Yourself as I think people here will appreciate it.

:cool:

Noice. :)

Damn, shirts like that go for about ?40-50 at my local Triumph dealer. :(

No no no no! That's not true at all! :mad:

Ride. Polish chrome. Wrench. Polish chrome. Spend all night at the bar telling everyone you ride a Harley. Polish chrome. Watch Sons of Anarchy marathon. Polish chrome. Get ready to ride again. Polish chrome. Cancel ride because it's a little cloudy and it might rain, ya never know man. Polish chrome. Replace worn front brake pads. Polish chrome.

i thought harley drivers don't use the front brakes?

Ride. Polish chrome. Wrench. Polish chrome. Spend all night at the bar telling everyone you ride a Harley. Polish chrome. Watch Sons of Anarchy marathon. Polish chrome. Get ready to ride again. Polish chrome. Cancel ride because it's a little cloudy and it might rain, ya never know man. Polish chrome. Replace worn front brake pads. Polish chrome.

i thought harley drivers don't use the front brakes?

Beat me to it!

HA! Couldn't have said it better myself.

---------------

Speed Triple's back on the road as of last week, rolled it out of where I had it stored, popped the battery in, checked the oil and tire pressures, it immediately fired right up and I was able to ride it right home. I have a garage now so no more need to find winter storage. :cool:

Finally got a new helmet in time for the new year of riding. New rear tire, bar-end mirrors, old-school Speed Triple graphics for the rear clips (why not), a fresh oil change and she's good to go. Speedometer still isn't working, and I determined that's because of a notoriously failure-prone part (speedometer drive sensor ring) that unsurprisingly broke. In lieu of spending $180 for another crappy OEM one, I'm waiting for a guy in Germany to get back from his vacation so he can send me one of his upgraded aluminum ones for $40, which reportedly are miles better than the OEM versions.

Psyched to be back into motorcycle season! Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere further South so I could mostly ride year-round.

10262029_740973099256766_8118313587366973403_n.jpg

1549486_740205906000152_7113892287879840832_n.jpg

10155501_740640385956704_8807830905043246179_n.jpg

1526359_739784192708990_1217504363556678770_n.jpg

Going to the Eifel/Mosel area this weekend. Maybe I'll pop onto the Ring, depending how brave I feel when I get there. That is, if they'd even allow me on with all my luggage/camping gear on it.

10153146_734654269900621_1124929415573701759_n.jpg

Gathered most of my stuff today, gonna pack it in the cases tomorrow, pack everything onto the bike and take it for a test ride, I hope my mental picture of how the weight is distributed isn't off by much. :).
If all goes well I should set off friday morning, providing work doesn't get in the way. :<

Maybe I'll pop onto the Ring, depending how brave I feel when I get there. That is, if they'd even allow me on with all my luggage/camping gear on it.
Joker did a ring lap with lots of luggage. Check out the photo thread from... 2012, I think.

Anyway, have lots of fun! That route looks quite epic.

They don't, but Harley owners consider their front pads worn out when they have polished all the chrome paint off them. :p

:lol:

Well, here is my 3 Wheeled Italian Freak.

Those are, uh, interesting. Fortunately, I like "interesting" vehicles.

Is it weird as hell when you lean?