The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

To me, the nostalgia bike would be the Katana 1100.

110-191-82-0_2.jpg

And I'm not a purist, I would love a restomodded one like this one:

Suzuki%2BGSX%2B1100S%2Bby%2BBright%2BLogic%2B01.png

Suzuki%2BGSX%2B1100S%2Bby%2BBright%2BLogic%2B05.png

That one was never sold here (I think) so I don't have nostalgia about it.
The first motorcycle I remember reading about and going absolutely BONKERS when I saw in person was the Kawasaki ZX11, with the claim of being the most powerful and with the highest top speed at the time, but if my memory serves me right, the GSXR1100 came a few years after with more power, etc. and for some reason I liked it more.

I didn't really get into motorcycles until I was 16-17, so my nostalgia bike is one of these...
2008-Ducati-Monster-S4RSTricolored.jpg

Ducati Monster S4RS. Yes, I know the 'Busa and the ZX14 are faster and more reliable, but the pasta rockets have more soul.

Oh, make no mistake.
The Ducati 916 was my favorite for years. :lol:

My friend has that Ducati in silver - and it looks amazing.

Mildly infuriating: I have no idea where the D-Dry liner is for my Dianese EVO System jacket. I've torn the garage apart looking for it, along with every closet in the house, even the emergency kit in my car (in case it was accidentally put in there as a rain shell). Nothing.

:mad:

I saw something bizarre today, and I'm going to post it here since fuck if I know where else to post it (maybe Carbage?). It had three wheels, the tail lights from a car and looked like a 1980's concept reject and on the Trunk it said "Stallion". Behold!

2009-thoroughbred-stallion-trike-ford-ranger-engine-4.jpg

s2z.jpg

It has a steering wheel...!

Nope, it doesn't have the turquoise frame. I can't remember if it is black or silver - I think it is black.

I saw something bizarre today, and I'm going to post it here since fuck if I know where else to post it (maybe Carbage?). It had three wheels, the tail lights from a car and looked like a 1980's concept reject and on the Trunk it said "Stallion". Behold!

2009-thoroughbred-stallion-trike-ford-ranger-engine-4.jpg

s2z.jpg

It has a steering wheel...!

:blink:

Oh yes!
I lusted over the Mito for so long...I even went to a dealer and sat in one, before I even knew how to ride. :lol:

Yeah, 125cc bikes are about the only nostalgic part of bike world for me, as I lost all interest on bikes for like 15 years as soon as I got my drivers licence. :) Most people had Honda NSRs and Yamaha TZRs, but couple of Italians sneaked through to peak my interest. There were two Mitos, iirc and one Aprilia Futura. And when I got my licence I continued the obscure theme with my 125cc Benelli. :cool:

i know a guy who had a mito..it was more in pieces than driveable :D
best looking bike of them all though!

although another guy had a gilera dna, that was a close battle!

Last edited:
2016%2F09%2F2017-honda-monkey-c.jpg

2017-honda-monkey-a.jpg

Honda 125 Monkey Bike Revealed?

I would absolutely get one of these. I rode the Kawasaki Z125 Grom-rival a few months ago around San Francisco and it was one of the most fun experiences I've ever had on a motorized vehicle. An off-road-looking "Gromlin" would be incredible.

Xa6rSuR.jpg

vXtC0hq.jpg

Ck9cRyh.jpg

Are you going to be the new lanesplitter guy?